Job description / Role
Title: E-Commerce Partnership Assistant Manager - UAE
Location: Dubai, UAE
Technology has impacted how most companies do business. To say the least, digital platforms have had an impact on how consumer goods companies do business. At Unilever we were at the front of the media revolutions in print advertising in the 1890s, in radio in the 1930s and in TV in the 1960s. Now we are at the forefront of the digital revolution. DIGITAL HUBS is part of our efforts in making sure our communication and routes to markets are benefitting from the technology, data, and design capabilities that are needed to lead this change in the markets.
There has never been a more exciting time to be in marketing profession than now. To accelerate our journey at exponential pace we are looking for the best digital talent, fellow kindred spirits who have the passion for all things digital and are not afraid to break convention to be change catalysts within our business.
We are looking for a committed, enthusiastic and experienced professional who has proven expertise. The person in this job will work in the Digital Hub and closely with the local media and marketing teams.
About the role
eCommerce is a growth driver for Unilever. The Fast-Moving Consumer Goods industry (FMCG) is facing an enormous eCommerce growth opportunity. The prominent rise of ecommerce and related new business models is having an impact on consumer shopping habits in bricks and mortar environments. The rise of Direct to Consumer is a clear disruption in FMCG trade - it presence of exciting skill-sets within our digital hub teams that we have not recruited for before.
In your role as the Ecommerce Associate Partnerships Manager you will be responsible to create and operationalize a cross channel performance marketing strategy for our digital campaigns, with the goal of maximizing conversion all along the funnel.
The Ecommerce Associate Partnerships Manager will be part of the Digital Hub and will work cross-functionally with different departments and such as brand marketing, media & eCommerce, while also closely operating with our agencies. He/she is the internal expert when it comes to conversion led planning and optimization for digital media and creative performance.
There is extensive cross-functional, cross-market working with an extensive range of stakeholders. This role does not have any direct reports: rather, it requires one to manage external agency teams, media partners and to co-work effectively with a wide range of colleagues.
• Ensure that lower funnel conversion assets are included in all key digital campaigns and on all digital engagement assets to drive as appropriate lead acquisitions, conversion and sales in eComm channels
• Working with the analytics, Ecommerce lead, creative & media agencies to continuously optimize for campaign objectives and performance metrics in real time plans, ensuring qualitative traffic to Unilever properties and partners stores, aimed at converting to either data capture or sales and maximizing the ROAS
• Manage and deliver superior conversion led search optimization inside and outside the retailer to drive ecommerce sales
• Understand and leverage retailer platform functionalities to deliver ROAS on Unilever media investment on the retailer platform. Partnering with eCommerce team, Market Lead and Ecommerce Lead to design sales led planning while activating eCommerce channel media
• Defining A/B testing opportunities (audience segments, channel and content) and building into media & content briefs
• Codify the learning/results from each campaign and use the evaluation to sharply define ways of working with cross capability teams. Create capability/training sessions to upskill brand teams on performance marketing
• Budget setting for ecommerce performance both inside and outside the retailer
Skills and Experience
• Primary Traits ('required') knowledge of Ecommerce conversion optimisation, performance marketing campaign planning or similar.
• Probably gained in a leading multinational media agency, advertiser or global digital platform. Hands-on experience of eCommerce and Social Commerce, from a holistic consumer journey perspective.
• An excellent English language communicator with senior stakeholders, peers and reports (conversational and presentational)
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to understand and articulate customer needs in business and more technical vocabulary, e.g. to convert a Marketer's request into a stimulating performance media brief.
• Experience managing relationships in a large, multinational, matrix organisation.
• Experience working as or with marketing stakeholders/agencies and an understanding of their likely challenges and information requirement
• Right Mental Attitude - open communication & walk the talk.
• Secondary traits ('nice to have')
• Experienced project manager, particularly in terms of project planning, forecasting demand and managing human resource accordingly.
• Facilitation and capability building skills. Able to contribute to a significant change programme.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity and working capability.
• Organisational change-agent mind-set
• Agile and Scrum experience is a plus
• Role Direct Reporting to: NAME Ecommerce Lead
• Number of direct reports for you: None
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager
Search Heads Middle East
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|