Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to respective department Team Leader in performing preventive and corrective maintenance activities covering all related services for Serco Dubai Metro System.
- Assist the department Engineer, Team Leader & Technician in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on systems/services in stations, depots, ITPS, MPS and car parks for Dubai Metro.
- Assist in diagnosing the cause of malfunction or failure of operational equipment, replace faulty equipment and handover/taken back to the electro-mechanical workshop for repair;
- Ensure the maintenance tools & equipment are in good condition both before and after job activities and are documented in specified checklist as per departmental policies;
- Assist in carrying out functional test, troubleshoot, and assemble/disassemble tests as required, repair and replace defective parts in different sub-systems of Dubai metro network equipment;
- Follow the relevant procedures and work instructions to ensure compliance with Serco Dubai Metro requirements;
- Perform roles necessary for the management of the safe system of works, including to meet tight maintenance schedules;
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Demonstrates Personal Drive. Actively works towards ambitious personal goals, demonstrates enthusiasm and energy toward all aspects of work. Shows drive to make a difference to others at work
- Delivers Against Own Objectives. In accordance with the Serco Values, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
- Demonstrates Collaboration. Demonstrates proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Assumes Responsibility. Effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Vocational trade certificate or diploma in electronics, electrical, computers, mechanical or civil Engineering discipline or equivalent;
- Ability to use various electronic/electrical test equipment and PC for the maintenance of Metro systems;
- Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Preferably hold a valid UAE driving license with good driving skill and experience.
- Preferably 1 year work experience as a qualified electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, or electronics technician/trainee in maintaining and repairing industrial or railway systems.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.