earning Support Assistant (English Language Learning)
Job description / Role
About the Role
You will hold a key role in supporting the Teacher/ELL Leader in promoting the learning and personal development of children who are at the beginning of their journey learning English. Your role will involve planning and delivering high-quality English Language interventions to children who are acquiring the English Language. You will also support the Teacher and the School in other aspects related to assisting teaching and learning across the school.
You will have various responsibilities including planning lessons, supervising and facilitating individual support for the students, and providing feedback on student progress and achievement.
You will record and share with the Teacher and School Leaders issues of concern and positive feedback about the students.
You will work closely under the guidance of the Teacher to communicate with the students and their parents but also to maintain a file of evidence, supporting documents for assessment, and other relevant documents.
- Required candidates with Bachelors's degree.
- Preferable candidates need to have CELTA or TEFL qualification.
- Candidates Fluent in English (reading, writing)
- Minimum of two years experience in a teaching and learning environment.
- You will have experience working with students with English as an additional language. You will be knowledgeable about working across the whole primary school.
- You will be able to effectively communicate and influence students, parents, teachers and school Leaders.
- You will be well-organised and willing to develop your skills to acquire further knowledge and to continuously improve in a professional teaching and learning environment.
About Your Benefits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Respect colleagues and property
- Ability to effectively communicate with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Time management and organisation skills
- English skills
- ICT capability
- Knowledge of strategies which promote good behaviour and discipline
- Support ethos of the learning environment
- Caring and tolerant
- Ability to acquire further knowledge in order to contribute effectively and with confidence to classes in which involved.
- Understanding of relevant specialist area (e.g. subject area) sufficient to pupils' learning
- A willingness to learn and to professional and personal development in order to support the needs and demands of your role
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.