Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
The main purpose of the role is to lead and grow the skincare category within the online division of Faces
The job holder of this position is responsible for identifying new and managing existing skincare brands in the assortment that will lead to the growth of the category
The job holder will work closely with other buyers and the marketing team, continuously looking for new and innovative concepts, products or services to maintain a varied range to meet customer requirements.
Managing vendor relationships and analyzing sales, the job holder is also responsible for developing an overall strategy for accelerating skincare growth.
The Category manager will also be responsible for the delivery and execution of the annual promotion plans and aligning on the marketing calendar with all tactical campaigns. The Category Manager is responsible for setting up the marketing plan with the offline marketing team, merchandising and performance marketing to succeed the skincare category.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define the overall vision for the skincare category and define the growth roadmap; identify the right growth levers to drive our skincare strategy.
- Identify the gap in the overall mix of the business & finalizing the brand mix accordingly
- Drive cross-functional actions and deliver results by partnering closely with internal teams such as supply chain, marketing, buyers(offline), merchandising, CRM and performance marketing.
- Enabling and enhancing customer experience online through tools, content, tutorials
- Ability to manage an OTB and negotiate margins for the skincare division
- Identify key brands to add to assortment and initiate brand negotiations
- Lead monthly reviews to ascertain gaps and growth plan in alignment with overall strategy
- Collaborate and understand demand with local teams in secondary markets.
- Ability to identify potential brands and initiate expansion plan to other markets.
- Oversee and implement a marketing calendar with brand partners
- Initiate traffic drivers in key moments and drive participation in strategic operational campaigns like targeted sampling, brand reviews, subscription boxes & GWP's etc
- Work closely with merchandising in ensuring key brands are highlighted and create a micro-site experience dedicated to skincare
- Work on brand/ group partnerships for shop in shop opportunities
- Coordinate with supply chain to ensure stock management for new and existing brands
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience managing a skincare category role.
- Proven project management and negotiation skills
- Past experience in sourcing skincare/ beauty brands
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with excel proficiency
- Trend driven and well connected with local brands in the region
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.