Job description / Role
The eCommerce Development Manager will support in developing strategy and framework for NestlÃ© to compete in an Omni channel landscape. He/She will also support in development of eCommerce teams and development and coaching of indirect reports, along with building the required tools for transfer of eCommerce knowledge across different departments. He/She will negotiate customer BDA agreements at a regional level and support/guide local negotiations at a country level.
A day in the life of
- Lead and drive the strategy of online market share growth by brand/category/eRetailers and Online Sales growth (as per target) with all the key stakeholders
- Sales across the Operating Countries, Digital, Media and Brand team
- Ensure eCommerce content accuracy and quality by monitoring compliance and performance of digital content vs. defined standards and target. Identify gaps and partner with the digital teams to outline winning practices and supporting tools in order to define content optimization plan and implementation with key online eRetailers
- Develop an eCommerce media framework for data and pre and post evaluations to get learnings and insights to improve future activations online
- Create tailor made strategies by brand (sizing the opportunity, setting KPIs/fair share, strategic partners, go-to-market approach, etc.)
- Accelerate knowledge Transfer of eCommerce across different functions and departments
- Leverage on eShopper insights to develop tools and practices to manage online eRetailers, further supporting the deployment of the eCommerce group strategy, driving online category growth
- Define online strategies and coordinate implementation of eRetailer (s) plans in line with business requirements by supporting implementation of defined solutions to:
- Activate the 4Ps online
- Disproportionally win in share and distribution with new items
- Multi-item baskets shopper concepts
- Work closely with the consumer insights team in identify online trends in the region and capitalizing on insight that will help Nestle win online
- Build market intelligence reports, competitive analysis and monitoring insights, as well as measure marketplace KPIs to ensure Nestle products are set to perform against competition and feedback to Nestle commerce lead to influence product, offering, packaging and content
- Ensure achievement of agreed eRetailer (s) targets/KPIs, and track eRetailer performance (CCS) in ensuring a profitable growing channel
- Identify and implement eCommerce structure across countries and ensure Nestleis in a position to cater to and win in eCommerce locally
- Partner with Supply Chain to map the whole end-to-end flow (physical product and information) to optimize our route to market - especially for the new channel / eRetailers (e.g. Pure Player exclusive retailers online) via product range optimization and activities' optimization along the value chain.
- Develop and lead a governance team with supply chain, sales, quality control and compliance to ensure eCommerce supply solutions are implemented with complete compliance in terms of the full end to end process of the shopper journey.
- Develop eFriendly packaging as part of best practices on eCommerce based on the global Packaging playbook.
- Develop eBundles and online specific items based on online feedback and understanding the consumer in the channel
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree in Business Commerce/Admin
- 3-5 years' experience in a similar role and over the period successfully delivered on KPIs especially top and bottom line business results
- FMCG Experience is a must
- English is a must, Arabic is preferred
- Well-rounded understanding of Sales, trade marketing, Supply chain, eRetailers, etc.
- Solid marketing and sales experience in managing the traditional/offline business
- Strong product and local market knowledge
- Deep understanding of customer needs and buying patterns
- Ability to motivate and develop people as well as enable results through others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and planning skills
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent use of Microsoft office
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.
Middle East Executive
Head of eCommerce
Middle East Executive
Head of Market Place - Ecommerce
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Assistant Brand Manager - Dove Arabia (Future Vacancy)
E-Commerce Trading Manager