Job description / Role
The Director, Head of eCommerce Category Management, Consumer Electronics is responsible for Consumer Brand’s business including Home Electronics and Home Appliance (including TVs, DAVs, Major Home Appliances, etc.). This position is responsible for driving overall growth, managing category profitability and collaboratively building a great shopper experience across of Consumer Brand. Your goal is to create the shopping experience for customers who turn to Consumer Brand to learn and buy Global Brand’s market leading products. This position reports directly to the VP and General Manager eCommerce. The successful candidate will thrive in a matrixed environment.
Challenges You’ll Be Tackling
Own the Business online:
You will be responsible for the performance of your categories developing and executing sales and growth strategies in collaboration with Product Marketing, Demand Generation and other sales leaders while managing financial performance, merchandising, and promotions.
Build a best in class customer experience:
• You will be working alongside Brand and eCommerce Marketing and Demand Generation teams to determine what your category looks like, how products found, displayed, and promoted online.
• You will obsess about the overall online customer journey and maximizing conversion rates within your category.
• Managing and inspiring a team of category experts and merchandising assistants.
• You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across on Consumer Brand. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you create the best online shopping experience!
• Set category strategy in collaboration with eCommerce GM, and Global Brand Marketing and Sales Leaders
• Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. revenue, units and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
• Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
• Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience including taxonomy, navigation, tagging, and attributes
• Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
• Develop new business models to accelerate customer acquisition while growing revenue and gross margin. Ability to reinvent ourselves and secure long-term growth leveraging approaches that will deliver loyal, highly satisfied, actively engaged customers.
• Create strategic business objectives and category plans, coordinate segment and partner prioritization, ability to set clear goals/timelines for the team to achieve or exceed on revenue and scorecard targets (units sold, revenue), influence assortment and volume builds, and execute against the product lifecycle.
• Manage a team of category specialists and experts; scale team over time
Background and Experience Required
• 12+ years of experience with 8+ years in category management and site merchandizing.
• Strong eCommerce experience required.
• Preferred experience leading categories in large retail eCommerce organizations.
• Experience working with marketing to drive customer trial and repeat.
• Strong understanding of digital marketing strategies and transformation
• Experience in developing the right assortment, utilizing consumer usage, attitudes, needs and wants for product development direction.
• Experience managing a P&L including analyzing cost drivers and working with supply chain to drive cost out of the P&L.
• Strong background using data to determine customer behaviors.
• Proactive individual that is a self-starter and takes initiative.
• Experience managing teams across disparate locations.
• Proven success at the business building (business/channel development, entrepreneur, and change management).
• Marketing/Business Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
• High bias for action with a passion to execute the “right” results.
About the Company
Right Calibre Executive Search is your partner in recruitment. We firmly believe that Human Resources is the most important and everlasting asset for any organization. We are a young, vibrant and fast growing company with a Head Quarter in UAE. With the number of years in recruitment we have developed a strong network of top professionals. We provide comprehensive search services for clients and candidates on a regional /local and International level for leading organizations across all industries. At Right Calibre Executive Search, we build partnerships with Clients and Candidates based on Trust, Passion, Innovation and Excellence. Our success is our people and our mission is delivering excellence to individuals, businesses and companies.
Right Calibre is an agency that understands that great employees are the key to business success. We pride ourselves on sourcing high calibre permanent staff in every industry and being the best recruitment agency in the area. Our dedicated consultants have a wealth of experience in recruitment for most industries and are able to source the right candidate for your business, from entry-level to upper management. Right Calibre Executive Search has fast become the agency of choice for employers and employees seeking only the best.
Head of Ecommerce - Retail
Middle East Executive
Head of ECommerce - FMCG & Retail
Right Calibre Executive Search
Head of eBusiness
Nestle Middle East
E-Commerce Marketplace Manager
Right Calibre Executive Search
Operations Manager / COO
A Leading Contemporary Luxury Fashion Brand In The UAE.