Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it’s our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn’t create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals – and beyond. It’s an exciting journey we’re on, and one you could be part of.
We are hiring a highly motivated and skilled eCommerce Manager to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have proven themselves managing multibrand platforms and luxury monobrand ecommerce sites. This person will be responsible for driving the performance of the websites, creating the trading strategy and deliver growth through effective merchandising and traffic/conversion management. We are looking for someone with a strong business acumen and industry awareness. The successful candidate will need to prove high energy and an ability to liaison with key stakeholders both within the organization and the market.
What you'll be doing:
- Full P&L ownership for ecommerce business
- Lead ecommerce technology deployment projects
- Collaborate closely with our brands to secure their goals
- Drive revenue using Paid Search, Affiliate, Display, Email Marketing and other channels while building sustained organic traffic growth
- Deliver end to end customer insights via leveraging both web analytics, social media listening and CRM tools
- Create reporting including product selling, traffic, conversion, AOV. Analyze traffic, conversion, CPA to unlock further growth opportunities together with the broader digital unit of the vertical
- Leverage A/B testing tools for site optimization and personalization
- Align site content and messaging with marketing calendars in partnership with our brands and the local brand marketing managers. Working together collaboratively to develop promotional calendars
- Manage all product content to and data including product descriptions, merchandising on the sites
- Coach and mentor team members. Identify training needs of team members; develop training material in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the digital operations manager and CRM team to scope, design and deliver customer service excellence and quality management and tracking this performance on a regular basis
- Ensure seamless alignment and collaboration with both distribution and retail channels (offline) in order to maximize market & consumer impact.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure smooth running of operations
- In coordination with CRM and brand marketing peers create customer groups, promotions and campaigns
What you'll need to succeed:
- Impeccable written English language skills. Arabic is not mandatory but a definite plus
- Proven display of integrity in both personal and business life
- Strong team player; the ability to work independently while also successfully collaborating with peers
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Flexible and adaptable
- Perfectionist in execution, high attention to detail and ownership; highly creative but structured
- Passion for creating world-class customer experiences, and using data to further the business
- Enjoys high pace, demanding, performance driven environment
- Experience in a senior ecommerce role, B2C / shopping platforms. Other experience in addition to this is a plus; however, having this experience is a core requirement
- Experience working with Demandware/Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a must
- Experience in digital marketing with proven successes in both traffic and conversion optimization. For the current role brand marketing and agency experience will not be taken into consideration.
- Previous exposure to content development and delivery is highly appreciated
- Strong analytical ability, extensive experience with web analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture and/or Coremetrics
- P&L and budget management experience and strong comprehension of financial numbers
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now’s your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you’ll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
Job Segment: Merchandising, Marketing Manager, Retail, Marketing
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.