Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
Our eCommerce Manager will be responsible for conceptualizing, recommending and analysing the strategic E-commerce function. A key business leader in the Brand Team who is responsible for the online P&L, delivering profitable sales growth through managing merchandise in the online channel, and the execution of a world class customer experience that is consistent with the Global Brand strategy in all operating markets.
What you'll be doing:
Strategy and Planning:
- Elaborate the vision at the Division level and set up the yearly strategic plan and the yearly budgets in accordance with the Brand's vision and mission
- Responsible for development of annual online brand P&L budget and commercial / trading plan formulation and delivery in conjunction with regional team(s)
- Conduct strategic meetings with suppliers and regional team to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity etc)
Business Development/Relationship Management:
- Lead the implementation of new business strategies and new partner relationships to increase the reach of the Brand online
- Develop new business strategy, tactical plans, and detailed business cases for new business development to rationalize resource investments
- Responsible for delivering the underlying profitability through developing knowledge of key cost drivers from the P&L
Web Analytics Management:
- Analyse web metrics and make recommendations to improve website performance including new ways to drive website traffic and revenue opportunities
- Compile and analyse search data and metrics to make decisions regarding business strategy
- Perform click through rate, conversion, spend and creative analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities
- Execute product strategy based on strategic objectives, customer needs and Brand M&As
- Hear the voice of the customer (and our associates) and represent it while working with various teams to build products that provide an unparalleled shopping experience by putting the customer first through identifying their current and future needs, pain points, and dreams
- Communicate product priorities/direction to relevant stakeholders
- Manage collaboration between teams (internal/external), and ensure accountability and ownership throughout the project work
- Design, test and manage customer facing digital products to execute the vision of taking customer interaction to a new level, across multiple platforms
- Conduct customer research and determine the user's story. Draft and build digital product concepts, MVPs and staged products independently; conduct A/B tests and deep dives into customer behavior/interaction (with data) to uncover opportunities and drive business success
- Identify opportunities, goals and determine metrics for analytics. Grow digital products + services continuously to ensure our ultimate objective: state of the art experiences
- Plan and execute large scale CX/UX development/improvement projects in coordination with external service providers
- Create supporting project documentation and plan work streams; track and review product work/direction on a regular basis
- Lead the prioritization of product development needs
What you'll have:
- Experience with eCommerce Trading/Merchandising
- Experience managing operations and building a team for an eCommerce Business
- Experience running A/B tests and leading optimization efforts
- Shopify, Salesforce CRM & Marketing experience is a plus
- Previous P&L ownership and handling large budgets
- User experience design skill set including data-driven analytics capabilities, and a working understanding of web application technologies
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or any relevant field
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a similar role
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.