Job description / Role
• Assists in developing the strategy and plans for the E-commerce Department
• Defines the operating framework and policies for the Department and ensures compliance with internal quality standards
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure seamless execution of services within and outside the Department
• Manage E-commerce Business Increase web traffic and drive sales.
• Deliver a strategic approach in driving ongoing traffic and promotions to generate sales revenues and build brand awareness.
• Oversees the development of best-practice online marketing programs
• Oversees all aspects of E-commerce to ensure that website/digital technology, structure, organization, design and functionality are customer driven, user-centric and metrics-based
• Supervises the activities of the Trade & Commercial function within E-commerce, to ensure adequate inventory levels to sustain direct to consumer demand: i.e. online sales and catalogue transactions
• Provides sales, margin and cost justification analysis for emerging E-commerce initiatives and promotions
• Collaborates with the group Information Technology department to establish online cataloguing, payment / merchant gateways and web security in line with the latest trends in online commerce technology
• Establishes content strategy and execution schedule that both supports and drives key metrics
• Manages multiple projects ranging from small single release web portal deployments to large, high-profile, cross-team initiatives of the department including construction, launch, and management of E-Commerce sites
• Oversees the execution of online marketing and web PR strategy by managing social networking pages as well as developing and maintaining online content
• Provides research and analysis to the respective brands related to online merchandise selling trends, marketplace price sensitivity, and consumer response to merchandise products
• Builds and maintains relationships in a network of E-commerce vendor/suppliers, web affiliates and partner websites
• Ensures integration between portals, websites and other digital means with the physical in store and above the line marketing ensuring consumers have a fully integrated consumer Journey
• Cooperates with the Brick and Mortar team to provide seamless consumer experiences (click and collect, store digital catalogs, etc.), facilitating consumer centric purchase experiences in all occasions where digital meets physical
• Operations Management
• Project Management
• Metrics Management
• Defines goals and key performance indicators for each member of the team and ensure effective implementation of performance management process
• Develops talent within the team by providing guidance and coaching to achieve the defined goals
- A minimum of 10 -12 years of relevant experience with at least 5-6 years in E-commerce delivery and management in a retail industry.
• Strategic mindset and visioning
• Highly proficient in all design aspects
• Possess strong conceptual skill, creative flair and originality
• Analytical skills and business acumen
• Forecasting ability
• Attention to detail
• Communication skills
• Planning and Organising
• Leading and Supervising
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
About the Company
E-City General Trading LLC is a retail company with its headquarters in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. E-City successfully operates a chain of Multibrand Electronics retail stores across UAE’s leading shopping malls.
It has ambitious plans to emerge as one of the market leaders in organized electronics retail in the region, and is a part of the Al Batha Group of Sharjah, which is one of the largest private business groups in the UAE.