Job description / Role
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
We're looking for an E-Commerce Product Manager to oversee the development, production and testing of the groups Ecommerce sites. This role will act as the glue between Engineering, Ecommerce Commercial teams, Marketing, and Design to develop the product road map, as well as assist with site updates and ensure the groups eCommerce vision becomes a reality.
This is a high leverage role within a collection of fast-growing eCommerce sites, and you should expect to be the gatekeeper between Engineering and the rest of the company. Qualified candidates will be extremely organized and can translate Engineering speak to English and vice-versa. You'll work closely with our Engineering and Design teams to develop new pages and features, enhancements, prioritize requests and bugs, and act as the first line of defence for fixing technical issues on the site. You will have a team of Scrum Masters, UI Developers, Backend Developers and Business Analysts reporting to you. You will be expected to be working with a set of high calibre business counterparts, I.e. Chief Ecommerce Officer, eCommerce Managers and Technology Business Partners.
You must have a passion for the intersection of Design and Engineering, and want to be the driving force behind creating features and products for the Web. You know good from bad design, and can articulate what needs to change, and why and how. You're a master at critical prioritization and can just as easily put out fires today as you can architect features 6 months down the line.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead Product Management efforts for the Tech department with responsibility of working with the eCommerce Managers and Tech Business Partners in defining the related product roadmap business plan and product offers; develop decisive strategies that deliver tangible business results
- Work with Marketing and the eCommerce Managers to identify customer needs and competitor solutions to drive new business opportunities and create disruptive experiences
- Articulate and justify a compelling vision of the products in the market, encompassing where consumer behavior will go and how that will affect industry economics.
- Conduct market analysis and opportunity assessment for current and future products aimed at maximizing revenues and margins
- Manage supplier relationships and internal team to ensure roadmap requirements are adopted and delivered on time
- Simplify and reduce the sales cycle through excellent products, clear information, fast fulfilment processes and a detailed understanding of customer experience and requirements.
- Remove Technology challenges impacting our growth of eCommerce and stability of our sites
- Communicate product status reports, assessing risk and new opportunities
- Ensure the teams are operating in an Agile manner to deliver fast paced, features, enhancements and bug fixes to the sites
- Managing a team of 15 onsite plus offshore development teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- An experienced leader capable of influencing and inspiring cross-functional teams to challenge the norm and deliver innovative solutions against a stretching vision and targets
- Be able to turn strategy into reality and who can inspire people at a senior level across the business, the wider group and key external partners
- Proven experience of defining and delivering eCommerce sites
- Proven experience of identifying and managing strategic partnerships to improve customer experience and financial target
- Preferably held a similar role with another retail or pure player, and showing a detailed understanding of the eCommerce market
- Proven record of enhancing old and/or developing new products and channels to significantly increase revenue
- Experience of working in global and virtual teams and engaging with subject matter experts
- Strong commercial and operational mindset, constantly focusing on delivering value to customers
- Deep experience in the eCommerce market with a proven track record
- Proven ability to coordinate a cross-functional team of design, technical, commercial, financial, marketing, sales and executive colleagues
- Experience working closely with partners in developing joint solutions
- Proven ability to successfully manage the product life cycle of complex solutions
- Ability to work with senior management and technical teams to produce world-class products
- Strong delivery focus, ability to work by objectives and against targets
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of digital media publishing tools and an appreciation for a platform-centric development approach
- Ability to look beyond current patterns and paradigms to envision the future of eCommerce
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to get complex messages across clearly and concisely
- Strong leadership and storytelling skills
- Strong industry and product understanding and knowledge with a real passion for online consumers
- English is a must, Arabic and French are preferred
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.