Job description / Role
The Pricing and Purchasing team delivers vital price, cost and inflation information that helps companies recognize millions of dollars in cost savings. We construct the cost structure of our clients' suppliers and provide a detailed analysis of their prices, costs, demand, and productivity. This gives our clients a strategic advantage in negotiating with suppliers, as well as a "blueprint" of when to make big purchases, and why. As a member of this growing team, you will develop, enhance, and expand our analyses and forecasts with specific emphasis on translating insights into relevant, actionable client solutions.
In this position, the economist will monitor, forecast, and present the price outlook for the assigned industry. The candidate will work directly with clients explaining our current outlook, answering ad-hoc pricing questions, demonstrating our price forecast methodology, and supporting sales.
Specifically, you will:
• Frame and analyze material and equipment prices
• Forecast near-term prices for a global buying audience
• Actively participate in forecast model development efforts, including equation estimation and forecast process optimization
• Coordinate modeling and forecast processes with other internal teams
• Create monthly and quarterly reports with emphasis on context and market relevance
• Respond to clients' research-related questions by providing thought leadership and timely insight
• Present forecasts to clients, at conferences and engage with media
• Support sales efforts
AED 170,000 to 200,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: The salary band per annum will be AED 170,000 – 200,000
• Relevant work experience & relevant Certifications
• MBA Degree will be an added advantage
• Desire to grow professionally with ongoing education
Required Skills and Attributes:
• Statistical / modeling experience, preferably in EViews
• Strong and adaptable research and analytical skills, including ability to interpret data and research, and write/produce structured, compelling reports
• Ability to prioritize workload and work under deadlines and pressure
• Customer-focused background
• Self-starter, attention to detail
• Excellent English speaking and writing capabilities
About the Company
At study abroad, we have a strong commitment to education and career development. Our aim has always been to help international students study in a country of their choice. We are passionate about bringing international grade education to the doorsteps of our students from all over the globe.
We aspire to become the world’s leading global education advisory by connecting our students to our huge network of opportunities across the globe.
Transparency and Integrity are the two most important building blocks we believe in for the admissions process at Study Abroad. We are committed to the highest ethical standards. Study Abroad programs are designed to handhold students and help them in exploring best-fit university options, applying to multiple universities through a single application form system. Our organisation and our counselors pledge ethical and clarity in mind attitude in our interactions with our students and their families.
|Abu Dhabi||21 Jun|
Accountant (Chartered Accountant)
Accountant and Auditor
XB4 - CPAs & Advisors