Economist - Government Entity
Job description / Role
As an Economist within the Strategic Affairs department, you will support leadership with their decision making process by conducting in-depth research as well as monitoring and analysing economic trends to generate relevant insights.
This is a government organisation working alongside multiple relevant local government entities in Abu Dhabi to oversee the overall financial stability of the emirate.
* Conduct primary and secondary research to gather high quality data, while utilising sophisticated economic models to interpret and analyse the information.
* Synthesize and summarise the analysis via end-products in the form of Power Point charts and Excel based quantitative analysis to generate insights.
* Keep abreast of regional and international trends within the macro and micro-economic landscape, and provide intel to successfully implement these in the Emirate.
* Prepare detailed, highly-data oriented reports to present to executive leadership.
* Competitive tax-free salary
* Unique opportunity to work on economic initiatives that will impact the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
* Must have an undergraduate degree from a top - tier international university, preferably in the fields of economics, business administration, or public policy. Master's degree preferred.
* Must have 6 - 10 years' experience working for financial institutions, banks, and/or international consulting firms in the Economics practice.
* Strong experience in building robust economic and statistical models.
* Ability to perform benchmarking, conduct forecasting, entity profiling, and trend identification relevant to the client.
* Proficiency in managing primary data sources & data providers.
* Excellent presentation skills as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Private Equity & Investments Strategy Manager
NSI & Bluefin Talent