Job description / Role
Our client, an events management firm, is currently looking for an Editor / Copywriter (English) to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role, you will be responsible to compile, copywrite, edit and proofread information from the organization’s events/programs as wells as from the creative and cultural industries. You will also be responsible for the promotion of such events to several arts & culture publications, the media as well as the corporate website.
Other job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write the English speeches, forwards, VIP communication, etc. for the CEO of the organization
- Write content for the organization’s publications (journals, magazines, newsletters, books, etc.)
- Write content on information related to the events/programs/festivals for the organization’s websites, marketing collateral, etc.
- Research and collate information from credible sources as part of the writing process to develop content for the organization’s publications
- Write, edit and proofread content for style, accuracy, and length prior to submission to the Senior Manager
- Assist the Senior Manager - to release approved content for printing and electronic production
- Assist the Senior Manager to liaise with contracted designers regarding approved specifications to ensure the quality of printed product
- If requested, work with local & international service providers ( PR & Advertising agencies, Publishing Houses, Graphic Designers, Web Developers, etc.)
- Perform other tasks related as they arise and as delegated by the Senior Manager.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Mass Communication or another related field
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in copywriting in a public/private sector organization in the art and culture industry
- Proficient in the English language and writing speeches
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.