Job description / Role
Education and Community Manager (temporary position for 6 months)
Our client, an events management and semi government organization based in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for an Education and Community Manager to cover for 6 months. In this role you will directing and overseeing the effective execution of the Community & Education Department which includes but not limited to identification, planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the nationwide annual cross-art form, festivals and Educational & Community programs for young children, students, young professionals and the wider community across the UAE.
Other responsibilities you will be handling are:
• Prepare reports on the overall performance of the Community & Education Department for the Founder and senior management team
• To direct and oversee the annual business and financial planning and monitoring process for the Community & Education Department
• Review all periodic reports prepared by Programme Managers and ensure they are prepared in a timely manner
• Ensure that the performance of various tasks and the conduct of the staff in the department are in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
• Ensure that the Community and Education department plans and execution remains aligned with the organizational plan; facilitate effective interdepartmental working between Community and Education and other operational departments.
• Advise the Founder on the progress of all work under his / her control.
• Review performance appraisals of all team members (as a second level reviewer), discuss with the appraiser, areas of concern if any, and approve periodic performance appraisals of Department employees
• Oversee the matrix management of the department provide guidance to line reports to enable them to effectively execute their line management responsibilities
• Identify and recruit the required external experts, advisors, consultants, etc. needed to support department goals and activities
• Design and oversee implementation of the organization’s internship scheme and effective management and training of interns
• Establish short- & long-term goals, objectives and programmes for the Community & Education Department based on the vision, mission and overall guidelines provided by the Founder
• Conduct viability studies, identify key external and internal stakeholders, arrange logistical, infrastructure and physical resource etc.
• Review and approve the viability study of the Community & Education programmes/ events and forward to Founder for review and approval
• Review and approve Community and Education programmes/ event themes, activities, performing artist and time slots for each activity and artists schedules, and forward to Founder for final approval
• Review, approve and monitor several reports and annual budgets of the completion of Community and Education programmes/ events and forward to Founder for final approval
• Direct and oversee communication and coordination with external stakeholders (partnerships/ alliances with leading national and international arts organizations, community groups, educational institutions, artists, writers, speakers, cultural entities, embassies, government entities, special needs institutions and individuals) to collaborate on and participate in community and educational initiatives across the UAE
• Direct and oversee coordination with Legal Advisors for the preparation of “Memorandum of understanding” with key partners for community and educational development programmes
• Direct and oversee the visas, insurance, airline tickets, private jets, hotel/ accommodation arrangements, VIP lounge, transportation facilities and welcome kits for artists, guests, and
• partners and venue selection, set-up and dismantle, freight and catering for events for all of the Community & Education programmes/events.
• Direct and oversee the communication and coordination with Media & Communication Department for all the activities related to publishing and PR & Marketing of the Education and Community Programme including design of marketing and communications strategies, design of marketing material, arranging press conferences, press releases, news articles, promotional materials, print, radio and online advertisements, social media and website etc.
• Perform other tasks related to Community & Education Department as they arise and as delegated by the Founder.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Arts, Culture or Event Management, preferably Masters’ Degree or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an Arts or Education/ public/ private organization/ foundation
• Experience working in UAE/GCC
• Has demonstrable evidence of genuine interest in and passion for arts education and/or community outreach
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|