Job description / Role
\"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
The EHS Manager will be responsible for managing the organization's health, safety, environmental and process safety programs in a manner that provides a working environment that is safe for the employees, visitors and contractors. Key responsibilities of incumbent are to champion desired safety culture, reduce risks, eliminate incidents, and manage compliance with ITW and external regulatory requirements for our facilities with a primary focus in manufacturing and operational safety, the incumbent will also provide EHS support and guidance to our location administrative functions also.
- Partner, consult, and advise department supervisors and functional leaders on all safety and environmental related matters, including identifying priorities for improvements that meet the business's long term and short-term goals.
- Manage all safety programs, incl to assure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Company and local laws and regulations for all locations in which the position supports.
- Develop and update required programs, including but not limited to Powered Industrial Truck, LOTO, Machine Guarding, HazCom, etc.
- Develop and report on safety metrics, including OSHA metrics.
- Conduct safety audits and implement action plans.
- Partner with Human Resources on worker's compensation claims, incident reporting requirements, and behavioral safety initiatives.
- Participate in safety and environmental violation investigations.
- Conduct training for employees and management staff on safety policies and procedures. Maintain accurate and current training records with 100% completion.
- Conduct job hazard analysis for all departments and provide data driven hazard avoidance activities.
- Manage leading indicators that drive a "safety first" mindset and culture throughout the organization.
- Drive a safety-first mindset and culture throughout the organization.
- Manage and drive the Safety Committee.
- Maintain reporting and recordkeeping requirements (SPCC, SWPPP, RCRA, AIR).
- Escort employee(s) to clinic / hospital when outside medical attention is needed for injured worker. Set up and train additional authorized personnel of the same.
- Maintain focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20 principles to drive process improvement recommendations to management.
- Foster, communicate and exemplify the values of ITW; act with integrity and trust, operate with simplicity, treat everyone with respect, take shared risk.
- Travel as needed for business requirements.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit to drive organizational focus on the key initiatives and opportunities.
- Must be highly collaborative and able to work in a diverse creative team environment.
- Takes ownership and drives positive change.
- Leads and behaves from an enterprise first perspective.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with all levels of the company and customer relationships.
- Strong listening and analytical skills to interpret and translate information for strategic planning.
- Possess critical thinking attributes.
- Able to stay calm under pressure.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Proficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety and Health or similar field, plus three (3) years' experience in managing OSHA safety programs in a manufacturing environment.
- OSHA Training Institute Certification a plus.
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Knowledge of workers compensation laws in states position supports.
- Experience dealing with employees/drivers on a daily basis.
- Ability to develop and provide effective training to large or small groups on a variety of safety topics.
- Ability to perform frequent facility safety audits to identify safety concerns and implement solutions to eliminate risk and prevent injuries.
- Ability to travel up to 20% to assist in cross functional EHS support.
- Must be available by phone to respond to emergency situations.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook). Possess Computer proficiency within Windows based environment and other job-related applications including web-based applications, social media and the internet.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.