Job description / Role
Candidate is responsible for working in Electrical Department with the creation, design, and testing of Electrical Control Systems. This includes but, is not limited to, a wide range of assignments such as: drafting Electrical Control Diagrams, PLC & HMI programming & implementation (in office, factory, and field as needed), Factory and Site Acceptance Testing, estimation of control panel costs for sales budgets, and assisting the Field Service Department with electrical controls troubleshooting. The candidate must be able to effectively and independently prioritize tasks. Candidate will report to Operations Manager – MENA on a day to day basis, and Senior Electrical/Controls Engineer for technical matters (located in the USA). Training on equipment will be provided, but candidate is expected to have a wide range of experience with industrial control panel design and PLC programming.
Main responsibilities of the Electrical and Controls Engineer includes the following:
• Execute all electrical design tasks and support requests which are assigned from the Senior Electrical/Controls Engineer
• Create detailed project electrical engineering submittals (circuit diagrams, BOMs, and component datasheets), including assessment of bid specification requirements
• Electrical Control Panel (ECP) design, utilizing AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical to develop circuit diagrams and fabrication-ready control panel wiring drawings, including three-phase motor control and instrumentation integration
• PLC design and programming; primarily Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 and 5000. Additional PLCs that are used, in order of frequency are: Siemens S7, Schneider Modicon, and GE.
• HMI design and programming; primarily Allen Bradley PanelView 800 and PanelView Plus 6.
• ECP Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) at regional panel fabrication facilities when necessary
• Instrumentation integration and design
• P&ID translation into controls development
• Creation of control narratives for submission to customers
• Provide accurate budgetary estimations for control panels during the sales phase using detailed project specifications
• Assist Service Department personnel by phone/email or on-site with troubleshooting and support
• Travel to field as needed to implement PLC / HMI programs or other electrical work for special projects. This position will have primary responsibility for all site electrical work. Although most travel will be local within the UAE, international travel may be required.
• May assign new tasks as management sees fit.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Preferred)
• Technical Degree or certificate from an Electrical/Electronics School
• Equivalent experience in the Electrical Controls field
• UAE Driver’s License
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in Control panel design including motor control and fabrication-ready drawing production
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with PLC’s, HMIs, and direct, hands-on programming thereof. Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs is a must. Experience with other PLCs can be trained or learned.
• Experience in electrical control panel factory circuit testing and field troubleshooting of interconnected electrical equipment
• Understanding of control circuit diagrams and development of diagrams in AutoCAD
• Understanding of electrical theory including basic AC & DC motors
• Proficiency using AutoCAD
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, etc.)
• Experience with control panel cost estimation; Allen Bradley ProposalWorks or similar cost estimation software
• Basic Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) knowledge
• Understanding of analog industrial instrumentation and proper application
• Be a team player with a good attitude
• Ability to work independently, with good time management skills and meet deadlines
• Fluent in English
• Proficient in MS Office
Additional Desired “Bonus” Skills:
• Experience with programming of other PLCs/HMI platforms other than Allen Bradley
About the Company
One of the leading manufacturing companies in UAE.