Job description / Role
We are currently looking to hire an Electrical Chargeman who shall carry out PPM and supporting procedures in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors in line with our Hospital core business.
The Electrical chargeman will assume responsibility and authority for the operation, maintenance, and coordination of the function and activities of assigned electrical installations within the hospital, ensuring the delivery of high quality, cost effective services that are innovative and responsive to the needs of the client, including liaison with external third-party contractors.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Chargeman M.V. (up to 33kV) will be responsible for the well-being of Electrical installation and monitoring.
• Standby for generator set, associated equipment operations and maintenance, incl. load and performance testing.
• Complete understanding of the contract and warranty conditions of installed main power incoming, switching and distribution M.V & L.V including the delineation between package and responsibility during warranty and post-warranty.
• Cooperation with other Eng. & MEP systems provider for interface of H.V. & transformer.
• Coordinate BMS / EPMS / HVAC inter-related systems, monitoring and performance.
• Align and assist Energy Management, sustainable energy efficiencies and cost savings
• Identify required components, materials & systems to ensure PPM activities; planned, scheduled and delivered.
• Assist with the implementation of SSSP (Site Specific Safety Plans) and Fire response / alarm
• Confirm the installed facilities comply with architecture and as fitted drawings
• Facilitate and advise testing and commissioning regimes and performance testing
• Advise and arrange compliance testing, calibration and certification.
• Participate in regular site walks to confirm plant, equipment & systems are functioning correctly
• Attend commissioning and start-up meetings and lead coordination meetings
• Coordinate and support Elect. Eng. on records of submittals, RFIs and costs
• Support the Elect. Eng. regarding all LV applications and installations.
• Assist with the recording and compilation of the asset register.
• Maintain, analyse and recommend measures in response to log trends and conditions.
• Advise and implement ppm, repairs and replacement programmes
• Work closely with the HVAC tech. regarding installed facilities, protocols and regimes.
• Recommend tools, processes and protocols for monitoring, operation and calibration of the building environment.
• Evaluate, inspect and advise the automated control systems and functions throughout the hospital
• Monitor, maintain and fault find electronic instrumentation, IT and metering devices
• Undertake the maintenance, installation, calibration, testing and repair of contract electrical equipment and systems
• Advise procurement, project management, budgeting, reporting of conditioned environment, and installed auto-mated control systems, inc. generators and associated equipment, M.V. switching & distribution and other electrical services, plant and equipment.
• Holding a recognized attainment with certificate for A0, A4 or B0 to operate and maintain M.V installation, and generator-sets, including synchronizing, switching and distribution.
• Minimum 5 years experience in M.V. Electrical systems with comprehensive knowledge of control and instrumentation electrical switching, distribution and capacitor, filtration and UPS.
• Experience in hospitals would be an added advantage
• Higher Diploma in Electrical or Electronics / Control Systems & Instrumentation
About the Company
Ever since its founding, the VAMED group has understood health to be a global, sustainable and holistic asset. VAMED may refer to a record of international success in all healthcare areas - prevention, acute care, rehabilitation, and nursing.
VAMED's international portfolio comprises the entire value chain from project development via the planning and construction of a healthcare facility, to highly specialized commercial, infrastructure, and technical services.
The VAMED range of services is both wide and deep and, together with VAMED's value chain, forms our USP that has made VAMED a leading healthcare provider with a global reach.
Electrical Technician - Solar Power Plant
Manpower Middle East
Electrical Engineer (Consultancy Background)
Big Fish Recruitment