Job description / Role
• Have experience with design of electrical power and lighting calculations, electrical systems' design, medium and low voltage systems, voice notification, lightning protection, emergency lighting, IT infrastructure and security systems
• Responsible for overall management of all electrical systems.
• Maintain awareness of project electrical specifications drawings and design criteria.
• Strong knowledge of Project life cycle (Design, Procurement, Construction and Testing & Commissioning)
• Work in collaboration with other disciplines to ensure integrity of overall design.
• Providing solutions to technical problems and participation in the resolution of technical issues.
• Strong knowledge and experience with design and construction of high rise towers.
• Participate in value engineering activities to ensure delivery of maximum value of electrical engineering/services
• Ensure that MEP procurement strategy is practical and efficiency.
• Carry out arithmetical checks and independent design checks of Consultants design and design reviews in accordance with Quality procedures
• Should attend regular meetings (on work progress, coordination, design, etc.) with Main Contractor and Consultant to discuss key issues related to the project and take effective corrective actions.
• Conducting reviews of engineering options and evaluations to validate the robust nature of new products and design solutions.
• To coordinate with other design disciplines as required on a day-to-day basis or as set out by the project requirements
• Review all designs for its buildability and ensure it is fit for purpose
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering. In addition, membership of a recognized professional institution is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in high-rise residential and commercial towers Minimum 7 years’ experience in Middle East.
• Ideally, Chartered Engineer or working towards with Membership of IET, CIBSE etc.
• Excellent knowledge of Local and International Codes and Regulations.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal English
• Well versed in DEWA regulations and approval process
• Good report writing skills
• Experience of dealing with consultants/contractors and construction activity
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.
Senior Electrical Site Engineer - Engineering Consultancy
Electrical Design Engineer
Ignite Search & Selection
MEP Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||17 Dec|
Electrical Manager (MEP)
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jan|