Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for an Electrical Engineer in Abu Dhabi for overall supervision of electrical works of the project in accordance with the design requirements of the contract and local design standards.
The key objectives of the role will be to;-
• Review IFC, Shop drawing, RAMS, ITP, Material Submittals for all Electrical and systems works as per the project procedure;
• Review the inspection comments provided by the electrical engineering team prior to releasing them to the lead Engineer and, when necessary, attend scheduled inspections via Inspection Requests and provide accurate inspection comments;
• Ensure that the Electrical Inspectors monitor and supervise the Contractor's performance against approved Method Statements and ITPs;
• Approve the inspections of materials delivered to site, and advise the Electrical Inspectors team on ensuring the compliance to the project requirements;
• Set up and coordinate the surveillance and regular site walkthroughs to ascertain that Electrical Works are proceeding in accordance with requirements;
• Identify the tests requirements for the Electrical Works in accordance to Standards and Codes;
• Advise on any Electrical engineering potential problems, issues, and deficiencies identified to the Lead Engineer in a timely manner;
• Contribute to the preparation of the Monthly Project Status reports as required by the Lead Engineer;
• Review and provide recommendations to RFIs submitted, related to the Electrical Works;
• Attend technical and site meetings as required by the project and provide inputs on issues related to the execution of the Electrical Works;
• Review As-Built drawings and ensure that they are inclusive of the As-Built conditions incorporating design changes, variations, approved materials, plant and equipment for Electrical Works;
• Support the implementation Test and Commissioning that includes processes in addressing outstanding tests for Electrical Works;
• Follow the requirements of the Civil Defense to provide to Contractor for Testing and Commissioning;
• Inform Lead Engineer for any potential technical problem that can affect the project related to the Electrical Works.
• Liaise with the QC Manager to comply with the requirements of the quality plan
• Coordinate with QC Manager any tests required for the project and on-site, off-site inspection. Establish the required Standard and code applicable to the Electrical Works. Liaise with the Senior Health and Safety Consultant to ensure the compliance of the Electrical Engineering team with the Client's HSE and Workers' Welfare Standards, and WSP's own HSE Management Plan;
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor ‘s degree in Electrical Engineering
• Professional registration with relevant international engineering body (eg. IEE, IEEE or equivalent).
• Registration with relevant local authority (ADWEA/ DEWA etc)
• Project Management Certification highly regarded
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.