Job description / Role
• Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications and applying knowledge of electricity and materials to solve business needs
• Able to design switchboards, Single line diagrams, Distribution and Cable designs, and Lighting design for average LUX levels as required by the proposal / RFP’s SOW.
• Able to perform necessary calculations for electrical loading & use relevant software (such as Trimble Amtach, AutoCAD) to support selection & design for various products & solutions
• Selects electrical system's and associated components based on project requirements & standards.
• Able to create Take-off designs and electrical BOQs from drawings and the SOW.
• Assures company electrical standards to simplify site works & speed installation & commissioning processes.
• Assures company electrical quality by designing electrical testing methods for testing finished solutions and system capabilities.
• Provides electrical engineering support for various active sites & ongoing projects.
• Maintains project quality by complying with regulations of relevant standards or country requirements based on project or customer needs.
• Maintains product data base of preferred suppliers & materials for company electrical solutions.
• Completes projects by training and guiding technicians where possible.
• Demonstrate a minimum of basic knowledge of CCTV, Fire Alarm and Codes, Access Control and British Standards 17th and 18th edition.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 5 years of relevant working experience as an Electrical Engineer
• 3 years experience with Electrical Design; tendering and proposal support advantageous
• Up to date understanding of wiring requirements, minimum of 17th Edition; 18th edition advantageous.
• Able to utilise standard software for sizing & selection of electrical materials
• Prior working experience within construction/architecture industry is highly preferred
• Good communication and coordination skills
• Positive working attitude and a team player
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.