Job description / Role
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, the Atkins offices in Riyadh and Al Khobar are committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine, innovation, imagination and best practice.
Due to our continuing expansion we now require a Electrical Design Engineer to provide electrical engineering expertise and support on single and multi disciplinary projects in our offices in either Riyadh or Al Khobar.
Working in a multidisciplinary team providing a comprehensive electrical design services to our clients, this is a great opportunity for a design engineer to gain additional and more senior experience within an internationally renowned consultant, affording the opportunity to work on large scale multidisciplinary projects.
- Carrying out design calculations on a variety of buildings i.e. residential, commercial, educational, leisure facilities, industrial etc
- Design according to local utilities rules, regulations and design guides
- Preparing technical input to specifications
- Coordinate with Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers and any other design consultants
- Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of their own work and the work of the team. Complete engineering work within the agreed programme, or notify the Head of MEP Department if not.
- Instruct CAD/Revit operators in all project related matters and responsible for the checking of all CAD/Revit works done
- Coordinate with Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers and any other external design consultant
- Coordinate with, instruct and supervise Electrical Engineers and Auto CAD Technicians.
- Carry out arithmetical checks and independent design checks of other Engineer's design and design reviews.
- To understand and implement Quality Assurance procedures
- Site surveys and inspections
- Degree qualified - minimum requirement of BEng/BSc with 7+ years' experience
- Relevant experience of electrical engineering
- Must have integrity, initiative, and be flexible and proactive
- Must demonstrate ability to act independently as part of a team
- Independently carry out breaker sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop calculations, electrical circuiting, preparation of electrical schedules etc
- Experience of local utilities rules, regulations and design guides
- Understanding of British, American and International design standards
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English essential
- Good team worker, able to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Has an aptitude to multi-task and be self-starting in new business environments
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee assiatance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).