Job description / Role
Workforce Solutions have been engaged by our client, a multinational technology company that provides telecommunications equipment and sells consumer electronics, including smartphones to source for an Electrical Engineer with Data Center experience.
As a Data Center Electrical Engineer, you will help design and implement the electro-mechanical installation of a new data center and help establishing the company as a major player in the UAE Modular DC Market. We are looking for engineers with hands on electrical infrastructure design and product development experience. If you can design electrical systems, understand the critical equipment needs for a data center, and understand the constructability of varying designs you may be a good fit.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who can demonstrate experience in the following:
• Work with the sales organization to drive sales and adoption of product solutions into the market.
• Capture requirements during the pre-sales stage and interpret technical requirements and business needs into a deliverable solution.
• Generate the full data center Electro-mechanical service solution and implementation
• Provide technical support to the sales team
• Join on customer's visit and technical design presentation & proposals.
• Provide technical support during the bidding stage and reviewing purchase orders and contracts for accuracy.
• Ready to present the company's capabilities & product solution to the client.
• Ability to understand the project’s Requests for Proposal (RFP) and clearly capture the client’s requirements
• Prepare a full design for electrical (Power & ELV system) or mechanical HVAC/cooling system design based on the client requirements.
• Improve on the client requirement by making the solution more flexible and cost effective.
• Equipment sizing and selection.
• Evaluate a third-party consultant / contractor design and insure that it fits Uptime Tier and TIA standards requirements.
• Prepare project shop drawings and coordination during the implementation phase.
• Check third party shop drawings.
• Set the projects T&C criteria and monitoring the actual T&C.
• Supervise and monitor subcontractors in order to meet technical, quality and compliance requirements as set forth in drawings, specifications and schedules during implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering
• 5+ years of experience with power distribution systems
• Project experience with medium voltage (MV) and low voltage (LV) distribution systems
• Power system architecture
• 5+ years of experience directly related to power products used in data center or mission critical facility designs.
• Knowledge of typical data center designs/architectures, and be following industry design trends.
• An ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality, reliability, or maintainability.
• The ability to perform complex business case analysis to justify technical decisions and present the justification to management in a high level review.
• Possess leadership and problem-solving skills, be a motivated, highly dependable individual.
• Proficiency with fault protection, coordination studies.
• Direct experience with the design or operation, or maintenance of data centers or substations
• Basic understanding of mechanical cooling and systems design.
• Ability to research new designs, technologies, and develop new strategies for data center equipment.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to contact you directly with feedback on your application. Should you not hear from us, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.