Job description / Role
Electrical Inspector - Infrastructure
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons provides construction supervision consultancy to a flagship infrastructure project in Dubai, UAE. The planned development encompasses commercial districts linked by leisure developments that expand into further residential neighborhoods and parks in an area of approximately 400 hectares. Scope of work includes internal roads, external highway intersections, bridges, street lighting, electrical (HV and LV) networks, district cooling, potable water, pump station, sewerage, storm water drainage networks, waste management, power substations and other structures and infrastructure works.
• Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
• Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day as directed by the ARE.
• Interface with the public and stake holders adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
• Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman in charge of the work daily to advice on the proper execution of the work.
• Coordinate with the Materials Inspectors and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
• Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of ready work and completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
• Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the ARE or to the Resident Engineer.
• Report to ARE or RE any failure of the Contractor to perform the work as per the drawings and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
• Process the Inspection Requests and maintain records of their status.
• Maintain detailed records of work performed by the contractor in case the work is performed on a Day Works basis.
• Act in a professional way but firm in dealings with the Contractor.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Diploma or Degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 7-10 years of relevant experience in construction supervision of infrastructure projects such as street lighting, pump stations, power substations, and other works.
• Preferably with experience working on similar projects in Dubai.
• Good written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project personnel and management.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.