Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity:
Serco is currently looking for an Electrical Technical Assistant to join the team at Dubai Airports FM. The key purpose of this incumber is to assist in carrying out electrical works as directed by the Technician / Team Leader adhering to work order instructions, procedures, and compliance with HSE and QA/QC policies and not to interfere with the client's activities.
- Ensure that a clean, tidy and safe working environment is maintained at all time by controlling tools, materials and waste products.
- Assist with specialist moves, equipment moves, and porterage duties as required.
- Assist with various and types of maintenance work as required and where directed by the Technician or Supervisor.
- Carry out cleaning work in plant and other rooms. Ensure that plant rooms are tidy and all assets and building structure are in good repair and painted to promote the professionalism of the company.
- Participate in the Health, Safety & Risk programs including toolbox talks, health safety and environmental training related to work activities especially electrical safety and working at heights
- Use safe systems of work when working with all building services electrical equipment.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Able to work safely with knowledge of electrical safety.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of assisting in electrical maintenance planned maintenance and repair services.
- Technically competent with a clear understanding of electrical safety, electrical tools and associated test equipment.
- Minimum 3-year experience in a building services electrical department or facilities management environment.
- At least a holder of High School Diploma.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.