Job description / Role
Electrical Technical Assistant
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking for an Electrical Technical Assistant to join the team at Dubai Airports FM. The purpose of the role is to assist in carrying out electrical works as directed by the Technician / Team Leader adhering to work order instructions, procedures, and compliance with HSE and QA/QC policies and not to interfere with the client's activities.
- Assist in carrying out maintenance, repair activities as directed by the electrical technician / Supervisor, and adhere to Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assist the Electrical technician to carry out planned maintenance and repair works as required.
- Identify and assist with the provision of tools, consumables, spares and other to assist the technician to carry out work to the approved standards.
- Integrate and communicate effectively with electrical technical staff and other trade staff (Mechanical, HVAC and Civil) as required.
- Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to provide the emergency power service to the client.
- Carry out all other duties as directed by the line management to the benefit of the Serco FM services to the Client.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues and follow instructions.
- Able to work safely with knowledge of electrical safety.
- Minimum 3-year experience in a building services electrical department or facilities management environment.
- Technical diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Good level of the English language both written and spoken.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of assisting in electrical maintenance planned maintenance and repair services.
- Technically competent with a clear understanding of electrical safety, electrical tools and associated test equipment.
- Electrical Vocational Training Certificate or part training and advantage
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.