Job description / Role
The Zayed University Electrical Technician will be responsible for satisfactorily completing all allocated planned and reactive maintenance tasks, fault finding and remedial repairs on Electrical Distribution Network and its associated equipment.
Structure and reporting relationship
Electrical Technician responsibility managing and maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, plants and processes report to MEP supervisor and Op’s engineers.
• Carry out the planned and reactive maintenance on the electrical services and systems such as lighting, emergency lighting small power, switchgear, motors, pumps, control panels, instrumentation, BMS, LV power distribution networks, UPS, generators and other associated plant.
• Monitor, rectify and/or repair electrical systems and services and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
• Assist in monitoring electrical consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
• Maintain up to date knowledge for the safe and efficient performance of all duties.
• Participate in overtime, shift work and/or out of hours working as governed by the necessity to maintain continuity of operation of essential plant and systems.
• Participate in emergency on-call service during non-working hours, weekend and public holidays.
• Work alone with minimum supervision and/or within a team responsible to the Supervisor.
• Participate in Health, Safety & Risk program including risk assessment of planned and reactive maintenance work activities.
• Use safe systems of wok when working with all plant and equipment and ensure the same with department and among sub-contractors and third parties.
• Participate in project work including refurbishment of existing building equipment/systems and/or new installation
• Provide effective communication with management, peers, contractors, sub-contractors, project subcontractors.
• Ensure good HSQE and Information security culture is promoted within the department and among peers.
• Carry out other duties as directed by the line management.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
• Must hold relevant and recognised trade qualification in the discipline or equivalent
• Ideally a diploma in electrical engineering.
• Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of Electrical systems throughout.
• Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
• Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
• Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
• At least 5 years of experience with advance knowledge in electrical engineering
• Experience in building maintenance essential
• Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of building Electrical Services and associated equipment,
Additional / special features of the role
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions, Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.