Job description / Role
The Electrician operates, maintains and repairs all electrical systems such as distribution, consumption, and controls for the hotel. They will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Assistant Director, Engineering and Director, Engineering
Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, "gateway to the sea" boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Duty Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Ensures all work follows safe work practices and fire procedures
• Responds immediately to all work requests which concern Health and Safety
• Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
• Operates, maintain and repair all electrical related equipment
• Ensures the optimum performance of all electrical related equipment by effectively following the preventive maintenance and the shift readings programs
• Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment usage and energy efficiency
• Completes all work orders with due diligence
• Maintains a daily log book highlighting problems and solutions; and activities
• Maintain all electrical shop drawings
• Maintain equipment catalog and tagging directories
• Actively participates in the monthly departmental meeting by providing feedback and offering suggestions for improvement
• Completes tasks as assigned by Assistant Director, Engineering and Director Engineering
• Maintains health and safety documentation and records for the assigned area
• Previous experience is an asset
• Minimum High School graduate with a related technical or trade certification
• Minimum 2 years experience as a service technician in hospitality industry, previous supervisory experience an asset
• Proficient in building operation electrical repair and maintenance plus basic knowledge of other building operations skill set
• The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications and make rough estimates of required materials
• Good communication skills
• Physical ability to perform the assigned duties
• Experience Working in the UAE is an asset
• Must be a self-starter, who can work independently and will take initiative
• Must be creative, practical and have a pro-active approach to problem solving
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Al Ain||27 Oct|
Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Hire Rightt Executive Search
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Electrical Engineer - Data Center Experience
Transguard Workforce Solutions