This position is closed or expired.
See other Power Engineering jobs
Electrician - IKEA Dubai Festival City
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. Our operations around the world are constantly increasing with new stores and markets added to the success story.
At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!
* Upon authorization, carry out in as efficient manner, the most professional, quality level work possible to project the proper image of Al Futtaim as well as IKEA, and protect or improve the assets of the company.
* Assist the Interiors designer as required, during store remodelling or the catalogue launch planning in his particular field of expertise.
* Establish own plans and lists of materials for the work required with the Com-In Department remodelling or catalogue launch plans. Schedule and complete the decorators' needs to meet their deadlines.
* Liaise with the Com-in Manager to determine the scope of routine maintenance required, he will then formulate a routine work schedule of, what, when, how long to perform and cost per item. When approved, he will carry out the work as required.
* On all work to be performed, a list of materials and equipment, when required, will be drawn up by the job holder. He will ascertain the best 2 or 3 sources the material and equipment with their costs and provide same to the Workshop Coordinator when approved, he will purchase as required to accomplish predetermined tasks.
* Be responsible for the setting up or dismantling of store fixtures, as well as for their maintenance and repair.
* Assists in the assembly of furniture for display as may be required, and repairs damaged merchandise when necessary.
The ideal candidate:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Higher School / Trade School Graduate
* 7 - 10 years
* Finishing Carpentry to include woodwork, metal work and painting, wall and floor coverings and electrical installations
* Excellent written and verbal English
* Problem Solving Skills
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.