Job description / Role
Reporting to the Head of Department, to teach Electronics Engineering based subjects to national students delivering the Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology Programme. The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of the accredited curriculum, to assess students' performance in accordance with National Standards and to ensure the quality of teaching and learning is maintained and enhanced.
• To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records, collaborating with other teachers and promoting staff development in a pro-active manner.
• Responsible for planning and participating in professional development opportunities to further their own knowledge, skills and abilities.
• To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
• To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behaviors for students.
• Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
• To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
• Teachers liaise with Student Counselors, as required. Communicate progress and performance to students and school management/administration.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
• Industry experience in a relevant area of Electronics engineering or Electronic Engineering Systems
• Minimum 3 years of relevant vocational teaching/training with experience of qualifications delivery
• Ability to teach some of the following: electrical fundamentals, Semiconductor applications, combinational & sequential logic, MSI Devices, PLCs, Electronics and Instrumentation and a knowledge of High Level programming.
• Cultural awareness of area
• IT skills
• Assessor/ Verifier Awards
• Practical experience in Electronics Engineering with up-to-date legal requirements including and Health & Safety
• Ability to deliver practical, applied learning
• Work experience in GGC Region or similar location
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering or related discipline
• Membership of Professional body, IEEE or Equivalent
• Excellent oral and written English essential.
• IELTS 7 Academic for non-first language English speakers only
• Arabic Language an advantage
In return, you will receive a package of £51,000 (Basic and accommodation allowance)
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results
Electrical Engineering Teacher
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||2 Apr|
Assistant Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Abu Dhabi University
|Al Ain||6 Apr|
Electrical / Instrument Unit Supervisor
Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining Company (YASREF)