This position is closed or expired.
See other Electronics Engineering jobs
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Carries out a range of tasks related to the skilled installation, maintenance, repair, operation and testing of all electronic, fire alarm, access control and gas detection systems and instrumentation in all areas of the Mussafah Base, within agreed time, cost, technical, quality & HSE standards in order to facilitate achievement of business objectives. Includes preparing maintenance schedules, ordering spare parts, supervising contracted and company work.
Budgets and Plans
1. Assists in the development of the annual maintenance program & Site Inspection plans to support the achievement of ESNAAD’s short term and long term Maintenance strategy.
2. Prepare weekly maintenance work lists, allocate tasks, following up on maintenance work and assisting in the more complex fault finding and testing work to ensure completion of work as per defined standards.
3. Coordinate and assist in the effective implementation of approved plans across the Musaffah Base within set timelines and budget to facilitate uninterrupted operations.
4. Assists in annual budget preparations by estimating annual maintenance and repair requirements; calculating materials usage and providing information on contractor and external service requirements based on annual maintenance plans and coordinate all related activities to ensure they are carried out in compliance with the approved budgets and time lines.
5. Ensure compliance to approved plans by team and support the achievement set quality standards.
1. Organise and supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within the team is carried out in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
2. Ensure effective coordination and monitoring of contractor staff and thereby facilitate timely completion of tasks as per required Quality/HSE standards.
1. Identify material/equipment required for electronic equipment maintenance & management activities according to preventive maintenance schedule, work requisitions or notifications in urgent and emergency situations and coordinate transportation of the same to facilitate timely availability of resources.
2. Assists in the planning, organising, management and control of various projects for the installation of new electronic, fire alarm, access control and gas detection systems and instrumentation in ESNAAD in order to ensure that the project cycle is completed, meeting agreed project parameters (cost budget, timelines, scope and quality), standards and objectives.
3. Supervise the work of specialist draughtsmen, plan, evaluate and assist in the choice and costing of materials while raising requisitions for required materials, and providing instructions / advice on work methods in order to ensure completion of tasks as per defined quality standards.
4. Assists in the monitoring and inspection of work at various stages of execution, assisting with complex tasks including fire alarm programming, control system set ups and calibrations to ensure adherence to procedures and standards.
5. Supervise testing and commissioning work and ensures that handover inspections are carried out by the user upon completion.
6. Prepare all stage and completion documentation requirements including endorsing stores issue vouchers, labour records and contractors payment requests ensuring accuracy of details.
Electronics Service Management
7. Carries out the requirements of the electronic, fire alarm, access control and gas detection systems and instrumentation preventive maintenance program covering all Mussafah base office. Adheres to maintenance schedule, discusses maintenance problems with Engineer and completes maintenance records upon completion of scheduled work and sets timing for street lighting.
8. Carries out on site or in the workshop a variety of repairs to electronic equipment and associated control and distribution systems. Includes responding to emergency calls or completed job requests. Identifies work that requires specialized external services and takes appropriate action.
9. Coordinate with other department personnel on matters related to fire alarm requirements and setting preventive maintenance and overhauling schedules as required. Supervise and coordinate implementation as appropriate.
10. Assist in the administration of the MAXIMO CMMS including assisting the Cost Controller with system set-ups and coding of equipment, maintenance schedules, work tests and materials requirements; providing input on stock set-ups and ensuring that all completed job cards include work/equipment codes and accurately represent actual work carried out before signing.
11. Ensure that equipment records in MAXIMO CMMS and/or the Sales Order Processing System in ORACLE Projects is updated with all completed tasks, including details of spare parts and equipment used to facilitate timely availability of information.
Inspection & Mitigation
12. Assist in the inspection of facilities and report anomalies to the manager and the department concerned and arrange for required maintenance.
13. Receive reports on status of electronic, fire alarm, access control and gas detection systems and carry out periodic visits for accurate investigation & analysis.
14. Analyse equipment threats and hazards and ensure implementation of standard operating procedures in order to maintain the integrity of all equipment and assure adherence to safety standards.
15. Follow-up and ensure that all electronics/instrumentation maintenance activities are performed as per the Maintenance schedule and take necessary corrective action for any deviation.
16. Assists in the operation of the Computer Control System, monitors operations, making any system adjustments and modifications to change or improve system performance and assisting with logic programming. Keeps records and logs of the system's operations and liaises with Electrical Engineer on ongoing issues
17. Supervises a variety of repairs on electronic equipment and control systems in response to system breakdown or customer job requests either in the workshop or on-site to facilitate minimum downtime and ensure optimum operational efficiency.
18. Receive daily work requests, provide work estimates to users, raise requisitions for materials and special equipment needs and allocate work to technicians to ensure adherence to standards and timely completion of work.
19. Attend work site, provide advice and assistance in fault diagnosis and decision making on component replacement/repair while liaising with user at all stages to provide information or obtain authorization for work or materials usage and complete the job requests with details of labour, materials and equipment used, ensuring user satisfaction and completion of tasks as per quality & HSE standards.
20. Ensure the provision of a timely response to all relevant emergencies/ breakdowns and prompt corrective action is taken to ensure service availability/minimise production downtime.
21. Monitor stock and usage levels of spares, consumables and materials to ensure that items are available to meet requirements and that usage is consistent with budgeted assumptions.
Feasibility Studies & Tendering Process
22. Assist the Electrical Engineer in the technical and feasibility analysis pertaining to new or modifications in the Fire Alarm and associated systems.
23. Participate in the preparation of tender documents for Fire Alarm equipment and services, assist in the pre-qualification of contractors; providing technical input on contract bids/proposals and assist in the technical evaluations of contractors/suppliers during the tendering process to facilitate effective selection of contractors to suit project requirements.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
24. Recommend improvements to departmental procedure and direct the implementation of instructions and controls covering the maintenance activities of all electronic systems so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
25. Stimulate subordinates and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of the department’s systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
Statement and Reports
26. Prepare departmental statements and reports of the activities timely and accurately to meet ESNAAD and department requirements, policies and standards.
1. Completion of Secondary (12 years) education, plus 2 years' full time training in electronics and control system maintenance.
2. 4 years experience in instrumentation maintenance in an industrial environment, including experience in Computer Control Systems in a manufacturing environment.
3. Computer literate – with experience in MS Windows and MS Office. Experience in any CMMS package would be an advantage.
4. Valid driving license.
1. Very good skills in self correspondences, presentation and report management.
2. Professionalism and integrity.
3. Excellent and proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills across cultural and company boundaries.
4. Ability to work under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities
5. Proficiency with office computer equipment and software.
6. Able to understand, speak, read and write English fluently.
7. Strong people management skills.
About the Company
ESNAAD is a wholly owned subsidiary of ADNOC. The facility currently known as Mussafah Offshore Supply Base (MOSB) is strategically located at the Industrial hub of Mussafah approximately 40kms by road from the city center of Abu Dhabi. "ESNAAD" is not an acronym, as the Arabic name implies it means "Support".
The Base spreads over 148 hectares of fully developed land alongside the channel, with its state-of-the-art facilities. The company is well equipped to meet the challenge that lie ahead in supporting the oil and gas industry in the region operating in an era of modern technology.
The base operates 24 hours a day throughout the year and it provides security round-the-clock through an access control procedure and a highly sophisticated fire detection and fire lighting system.