Job description / Role
Job Description for Teacher
The purpose is to find a committed Teacher to complement qualified workforce of educators. Candidate will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
• Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
• Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
• Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
• Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
• Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
• Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
• Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
• Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
• Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
• Proven experience as a teacher
• Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
• Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
• Well-organized and committed
• Creative and energetic
• Strong moral values and discipline
• Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education;
About the Company
Athena Education is a leading and progressive education provider in UAE, promoted by eminent individuals with passion and strong commitment towards excellence in education. From the humble beginning of a single Nursery school in 2007, Athena today owns and manages a total of seven schools and two nursery schools in the UAE. The vision of Athena is to create its own brand of schools, as centers of excellence in education catering to UAE nationals and expatriates
The mission is to prepare, ‘Athena learners’ as distinct from others, so that they (1) lead their own learning (2) Think deeply and seek solutions, (3) Respect everybody and the world around, (4) Live in balance with nature, (5) Use contemporary digital technology, including artificial intelligence and (6) Articulate with passion using high level English .
Athena has a strong Athena Academic Board (AAB), consisting of eminent educationists who have a strong and successful track record of leading and improving schools & learning, internationally and in the UAE. The AAB will be working through the school leaderships to achieve rapid progress in learning outcomes of students in all our schools.