ELL Language Teacher - September 2023
Job description / Role
About the Role
At GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis we are looking for an experienced English Language Learner Teacher to join us in September 2023. This is an exciting opportunity for a specialised educator to join our world class school, driven to provide education at an exceptional level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing English Language Learning Support for students through Primary and Secondary ages.
- Key supporter of the Teacher in ensuring ELL student progression and development through the provision of extra 1-1 sessions, tailoring curriculum/unit delivery.
- Recording and reporting progress, areas of concern and achievements about supported students with relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Work closely with various Learning Support teams across the school to promote the schools inclusive practice and continuously improve its ELL students learning capabilities and academic English language standards.
- Provide training for class teachers and support staff in supporting ELL students across all areas of the curriculum.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1 years experience as an ELL teacher within a high performing department within a British Curriculum school.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a classroom teacher would be preferable.
- A certified professional teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE or equivalent specializing in EAL, ELL or similar .
- Additional qualification or specialism such as a TEFL/IELTs/CELTA/Cambridge certification is an advantage.
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Ability to assess student performance, write language plans and set appropriate goals for students to ensure progress.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, school tuition fee concession, private medical insurance, annual airfare to country of residence, and End of Service Gratuity.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.