Job description / Role
Stantec is currently looking for a IT ELV Engineer with a buildings background to join our dynamic team and support on a construction supervision project of a large office building complex which will accommodate the client’s administration and operation employees. This project will have related functional and supporting facility buildings in Abu Dhabi.
• To ensure response to necessary construction documentation, including but not limited to review of shop drawings, RFIs, and material submittals. Is to support the efforts of the inspectors to ensure all documentation that is reviewed is than properly translated into a constructed product which meets requirements and specifications.
• Experience on Networking Design: Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless LAN, Real Time Location Services (RTLS).
• Experienced in Switching and Routing for complex networks.
• Experienced in Firewall, IPS, IDS configuration.
• Experienced VOIP Systems, IP Telephony, IP Video Conferencing, Unified Communications Systems such as Jabber and MS Lync
• Experience in Testing and Commissioning all of the above for Large Buildings.
• Monitoring the Electrical works related to ELV and IT systems, for conformance with the provisions of the contract documents and the procedures manual.
• Reviewing, approving, and processing all ELV and IT technical submittals.
• Prepare preliminary answers RFI’s related to ELV and IT works.
• Coordinating and supervising the pre-installation work of selected ELV and IT activities and operations.
• Reviewing contractor’s ELV and IT change order proposals and preparing recommendations to the Senior Electrical Engineer.
• Liaison with the necessary sub consultants.
• Assist with the review off contractor’s claims related to ELV and IT works and preparing recommendations for claims.
• Assist with the review off contractor’s project record documents relevant to their discipline.
• Assist with the inspection of completed works and monitoring the start-up, testing, commissioning, and handover of the ELV and IT works.
• Perform all other duties given by MEP PM.
• Minimum 15 years experience with minimum of Eight (8) Construction Administration experience. Middle East experience preferred
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Electrical Engineering or ELV
• CCNE Qualified
• MCSE Qualified
• Strong technical background on ELV and IT systems.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good knowledge of ELV and IT systems, products and materials.
• Knowledge/experience in Revit
• Good command of Microsoft Office business solution (Excel, Word).
• Ability to review and comment properly on necessary documentation.
• Excellent understanding of specifications.
• Good understanding of Authority requirements.
• Complete project understanding in given discipline, from start to hand-over.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sr. Electrical Engineer (High Rise Buildings)
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||15 Sep|
Senior Electrical Engineer (Buildings)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Electrical Engineer - ELV / CCTV / Security Systems
Electrical Design Engineer
ELV Project Manager
Ignite Search & Selection