Job description / Role
ELV Systems Technician - Talent Pooling
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The key purpose of the ELV Systems Technician is to carry out fault diagnosis, remedial repairs, calibration and planned preventative maintenance of the ELV systems. The typical equipment being IP CCTV systems, Security systems, Security Gates, Central Battery System, and Lighting control system and associated equipment and associated equipment.
- Typically working across a range of technically complex and sensitive ELV Systems.
- Liaising with other contractors and OEM suppliers at the site.
- Carry out remedial repairs and preventative maintenance of IP CCTV systems, Security systems, Security Gates, Central Battery System, and Lighting control system and associated equipment and associated equipment.
- Spares management
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Strong field service skills with a proven, demonstrable track record of repairing and maintenance of the above ELV Systems and associated equipment.
- Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills.
- Able to work with minimum supervision under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and complete technical report documentation.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbal and written.
- Diploma in Electrical / Electronic / Engineering or equivalent - a requirement as a minimum.
- Minimum 5 years' experience and having good hands-on maintenance working experience on the following systems - IP CCTV systems, Security systems, Security Gates, Central Battery System, and Lighting control system and associated equipment.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take Pride in What you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.