Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking to hire ELV Technician for one of its prestigious contract Abu Dhabi Global Market Square (ADGM) development the international financial center on Al Maryah Island, master planned and developed by Mubadala (through its designated subsidiary). Serco is responsible for the delivery of all commercial space Facilities Management services across the 530,000 mÂ² development including; Estates Management (MEP), Cleaning and Waste Management, Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance, Pest Control, Site Security, Parking Services and Property Management Services.
The key purpose of the role is to ensure satisfactory completion of the allocated planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and remedial repairs on the Fire Alarm and Extra Low Voltage (ELV) services and the associated equipment contained in and around the contract/facility.
- Carry out and oversee the planned and reactive maintenance on the Fire Alarm System (including smoke and heat detection) & ELV systems such as, CCTV, Access Control, Intercom, PA, Data Networks, Lighting control, Car park management system, Pnuematic Tube system, Satellite & TV Networks etc. and associated equipment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and/or repair the Fire / ELV Equipment, systems and maintain and update records on a daily basis.
- Provide end users with oral and/or written instructions for Fire / ELV equipment operation and maintenance.
- Assist in monitoring utility consumption, collation of consumption figures, and update records as required.
- Integrate and communicate effectively with other trade staff (Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC and Civil) as required.
- Ensure good HSQE and Information security culture is promoted within the department and among peers.
- Carry out other duties as directed by the line manager or member of the senior management team.
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- Leads by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a building services and/or facilities management environment.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of ELV systems throughout.
- Technically competent with a clear technical understanding of buildings services and associated equipment.
- Experience in a Middle East facility is an advantage
- Awareness of NFPA codes and the relevant standards.
- Awareness of the control drawing and diagram.
- Minimum holder of a High School Diploma, preferably a Degree holder in a related discipline.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.