Job description / Role
Employee Relations Manager - UAE, GCC AND NON GCC
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
End to End Case Management of Grievance Cases
* Work with the HRBP, business and country/regional ER Head to agree the Grievance representative/s to investigate and hear the Grievance.
* Make arrangements for Grievance Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of complaint.
* Conduct the Grievance hearing or support the Grievance representative to conduct the Grievance hearing as the case may be.
* Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent resolution/conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
* Update ERCMS at the initiation and conclusion of Grievance.
* Update relevant stakeholders with key findings including any disciplinary actions recommended.
End to End Case Management of Complex Disciplinary Cases
* Level of Involvement and support with the Investigations phase based on case nature and complexity.
* Conduct due fact finding and investigatory interviews including preparation of witness statements and investigation report.
* Make arrangements for the Disciplinary Hearing including issuing hearing invite/statement of disciplinary case and provision of evidence.
* Conduct of the Disciplinary hearing through supporting the hearing manager as required.
* Complete analysis of data/facts and reach a fair and consistent conclusion which minimises the risk to the Bank.
* Update relevant stakeholders with key findings and any relevant information, including any recommendations.
* Update ERCMS at the initiation of the hearing and conclusion of disciplinary hearing and/or appeal.
* Update HRBP and/or PRC team in case of a disciplinary action so that it could be highlighted for any potential P3 impact.
Effectively manage key stakeholder relationships.
* Build external networks (e.g. ER Forums, Employee Associations, etc) and remain up to date with ER and legislative change/developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field.
* Build internal networks with HRBPs and business stakeholders where required.
* Collaborate with HR Legal and Compliance and/or external legal counsel for advice on interpretation of local laws and regulations and ER policies, procedures, cases in-country
* Collaborate with Labour Ministries re development and application of government policy.
Managing employee-related risk across the region
* Provide commentary re ER MI and escalate country ER risks based on trends or any new findings/issues.
* Understand current local employment and discrimination law/case developments and be able to anticipate implications for the Bank.
* Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks
* Work with HR Legal and external counsel re data disclosure requests, litigation cases and preparation for/ appearance at Labour Court/Employment Tribunal.
Support Education and Training of HR and Line Managers
* With the Country/Regional ER Head proactively support, advise update, educate and train HRBPs and line managers across the ER product areas.
Our Ideal Candidate
* Role model and champion the Bank's values and behaviors
* ER specialist, with a minimum years of work experience.
* Proven track record and in depth experience of ER investigations and case management.
* Strong understanding of the local legislative and regulatory landscape
* Effective networker and organizational influencer
* Commercially astute
* Strong collaboration
* Ability to clearly and accurately analyze, interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
* Good coaching, networking, influencing & negotiating skills.
* Ability to assess risk & identify pragmatic solutions in context of conflicting demands.
* Ability to develop & gain credibility within the organization in respect of ER expertise.
* Experience in an international professional services/ banking environment.
* Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with demanding and fast paced client groups.
* Experience of ER product & policy development.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.