Job description / Role
Reporting to the Regional Head of Legal, this will be a unique opportunity to work on ground-breaking legal matters and shape an exciting and dynamic company.
• Serve as an advisor and business partner by providing employment advice and strategy with respect to multiple company locations across the METAP region;
• Advise on all legal issues concerning the employment relationship, including: recruiting; hiring and employee relations;
• Build strong relationships and flawless collaboration with METAP business leaders and other senior managers, as well as within the Legal, HR, and Compliance functions;
• Support the ambitious growth agenda of the business by driving business partnership through smart risk solutions;
• Develop, draft, and implement company policies, agreements, standards, and business procedures designed to foster compliance with applicable employment law; and
• Advise and manage cases of discrimination; harassment; termination; redundancies; remote working procedures; consultancies; leaves of absence and medical accommodations.
• 5+ years PQE at top law firm or in-house team in advising clients or internal business partners on employment matters;
• Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts;
• Passion for and understanding of technology;
• Ability to assess legal, practical and business risks in a fast-paced environment and provide sound advice under tight deadlines;
• Ability to speak and write English fluently, other local languages would be preferred;
• Must have regional experience; and
• Prior experience working with internet or technology companies a plus.
About the Company
MENA Recruit is a boutique Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused on meeting recruitment needs from Business Services through to Partner and General Counsel level within the legal sector. This extends to in-house and private practice in multiple industries covering the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait and Egypt along with a select group of tier one international firms in Australia.
With over 20 years’ recruitment experience in London and Dubai, we have developed strong international ties in the UK, USA and APAC and have an extensive local Middle East network to draw from. We are committed to providing a bespoke service to clients and candidates.