Job description / Role
To a great extent, the legal Counsel will work autonomously in managing the employment and legal operations matters advising on critical legal matters, whilst maintaining an acute focus on key business drivers.
- Providing legal advice and support on Labor and Employment law issues to the businesses across the MENAT region.
- Providing legal and compliance advice across a wide range of issues, including, employee and union relations; restructuring, redundancies and outsourcing; equal opportunities and diversity; employment litigation mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; collective bargaining obligations; employee discipline.
- Training for the HR and business teams on key employment and compliance risk areas.
- Keeping abreast of relevant legal developments across MENAT.
- Assess, appoint and manage outside counsel
- Manage litigation, including determination of reserves/accruals and reporting thereof
- Advise on various legal matters
- Review / negotiate / draft bespoke agreements, including those related to vendors, agents, NDA’s, MOU’s , supply agreement (i.e. non-customer agreements).
- Provide specialist advice on matters of local law, such as on public procurement laws and competition laws
- JD (or equivalent) with active bar membership
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience at a large, preferably international, law firm or multinational company’s corporate legal department:
* Working on a variety of commercial / business legal matters in the region, including previous experience of drafting, negotiating and advising on various matters
* Extensive “hands-on” labor & employment legal experience, and
*Substantial experience and success in working with senior management and international environments
* Experience of labor and employment work in M&A activity, litigation, advisory work and training.
- Superior advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, an aptitude for practical negotiation, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
- Ability to communicate, (including writing) in Arabic and English fluently
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.