Job description / Role
Job Purpose and Summary
The Energy Engineer will focus on the audit phase of energy efficiency projects related to the identification of energy and water efficiency opportunities associated with new and existing buildings across all systems, equipment and energy producing structures including (not limited to) HVAC and central energy plants, lighting, controls and automation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Perform on-site energy efficiency audits that are focused on mechanical systems, control systems and lighting energy efficiency opportunities.
• Conduct historical utility billing analysis and facilitate benchmarking analysis.
• Develop and implement site measurement plans.
• Deploy equipment to document energy parameters such as operating times, flows, energy consumption, temperatures, etc.
• Develop and consistently use tools such as site survey plans and audit checklists.
• Contribute and develop project reports by gathering, compiling and interpreting project energy data.
• Analyze consumption before the project implementation phase using energy modeling software.
• Design and specify Energy Efficiency Measures and review drawings, specifications, bill of quantities and sequences of operations. Analyze and recommend appropriate EEMs.
• Perform concept and schematic design, calculations and drawing production. Calibrate detailed energy simulation models and analyze interactive EEM effects.
• Research emerging technologies and standards for implementation into company practice and project implementation.
• 8+ years in a similar role. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Energy or Environmental Engineering (Energy Engineering preferred). Knowledge of building systems, energy efficiency technologies, green building and high performance design.
• Expertise in HVAC and MEP design and advanced energy engineering analysis. Software: AutoCAD,
• Revit, Microsoft Project or Primavera, IES and advanced knowledge and usage of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking, writing), ability to plan and organize daily activities, action oriented, analyze and resolve problems, ability to perform under pressure and recognize when a sense of urgency is critical, ability to be flexible and adapt to dynamic environments.
About the Company
A leading energy services company offering finance, technology and engineering solutions to asset owners in the UAE through a team of energy engineering experts.
Facilities Manager – Hard FM
Big Fish Recruitment
Facility Management Engineer
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Client Side)
RTC-1 Employment Services
Associate Director - Mechanical Engineer