Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The core purpose of this role is to provide Energy Management leadership and expertise and enhance Serco Middle East business growth opportunity. To research, develop and propose Innovative Technology based systems and solutions offering multiple scenarios to support winning good business, operational excellence and executing brilliantly.
Energy Engineer role is about managing accredited ESCO projects, combined with elements of Big Data & Artificial Intelligence analysis reporting to the Head of Technical Services. Supporting Innovation solutions and other associated business strategies, processes and concepts. Creating, implementing and reporting an ESCO compliant service solution to support the business strategy of penetrating the Middle East Energy Management market.
The role may in time develop into a deeper Project Management role dependent on the success of Serco Energy.
- Support the key pillars of - Winning Good Business, Executing Brilliantly, Profitable and Sustainable and Place Where People are Proud to Work
- Key stakeholder in Energy Management & Sustainability projects with focus on achieving and maintaining ESCO accreditation for SME Integrated Services within multi Middle East regions.
- Create and establish with the Head of Technical Services robust and effective methods of winning and completing Energy Management projects.
- Develop Quality Measurement of Performance reporting procedures in Energy Management and Sustainability projects.
- Research and development of new technology, resulting in multiple scenarios of continuous improvement to Energy & Sustainability Service Delivery.
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions reports identifying gaps in business excellence requirements.
- Establish a "Best in Industry" procedures guidelines and service delivery model on Building and Facilities Condition Assessment and Survey reporting.
- Constantly monitor change in statutory, mandatory, regulatory codes of practice and technical minimum requirements.
- Assess opportunities in developing partnerships with suitable Energy & Sustainability service providers.
- Assist with modelling new and improved operational excellence concept
- Assist with building compelling models of cost savings model for opportunities where packaging of similar services across the contracts is achievable to deliver savings
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Strong background in Energy Management & Sustainability project delivery.
- Evidence of successful ESCO or equivalent projects.
- Experienced in Technology and Innovation concepts and modelling
- Strong analytical capability to manage and interpret data
- Excellent numerical and PC skills including the use of MS Excel and analytical tools
- Ability to understand complex systems and learn new software based applications
- Highly motivated and flexible to be able to work in a time-sensitive environment and respond quickly and effectively to unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to engage at a senior level and capacity to influence change
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a technical and solutions environment
- Work experience as data analyst, system analyst, business analyst or as an information analyst
- Degree holder in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Six Sigma or Equivalent qualified
- AAE Certified Energy Manager
- AAE Certified Measurement and Verification Professional.
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.