Job description / Role
• Manager level profile required for the Technology Strategy Practice of a Tier One Strategy House based in Dubai
• The practice focuses on helping clients deliver competitive advantage and business performance through the use of data, technology and digital. It has conducted 9.000 client cases in the last 5 years and has 2500 consultants who have delivered Tech Strategy work. It is the fastest growing practice area and is continuing to accelerate in growth.
• Our 400+ dedicated consultants and experts globally work across a range of industries and provide deep experience and expertise across a number of topic areas including:
• Digital Transformation & Strategy
• Big Data & Analytics
• Software & Agile
• Transformation of the Technology Function
• Technology Capability Building
A Engagement Manager has responsibility for the delivery of consulting projects, leading small but high impact teams of consultants to drive impact for our clients.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leading the day-to-day execution of consulting projects and ensuring successful delivery of client requirements within the scope of the engagement
• Owning project planning and process management as well as communicating progress to clients and internal leadership
• Driving the development of content, either directly or by providing guidance to consulting team (for example, by sharing ideas and frameworks, or providing input on research and analysis)
• Actively managing multiple client and stakeholder relationships
• Leading senior client presentations and meetings
• Providing apprenticeship and coaching to junior consultants to help develop their consulting skills, including sharing knowledge and experience, giving frequent feedback and creating opportunities for team members to learn and grow
• Supporting and contributing to other projects, for example by sharing expertise or best practices
• Contributing to the development of intellectual property within the Practice Area(s), including improving methodologies, tools, techniques and developing new ideas and approaches
• Contributing to business development efforts, including preparation of proposal documents and attending pitch presentations
• Contributing to the running of the London office, which may include recruiting, training or other activities
The position offers Generous Tax Free Salary and Bonus with a clear and defined path to partnership.
• At least 7 years of work experience in top level advisory or consulting firms, though candidates with excellent industry backgrounds and 4-5 years of previous consulting experience would also be considered
• Extensive experience in the Technology space, ideally within the consulting domain
• Experience of working with/for well-functioning, advanced and global businesses, ideally located within the ME
• 3-4 years leading/playing core role in driving projects - owning the project process, content and day-to-day client interactions
• A track record of leadership and achievement
• Advanced / graduate degree, e.g. an MBA, MS, or PhD required
• Business-level fluency in English, Arabic is a plus
• International work experience
• Experience in one of the following emerging/ technology related topics is a plus: Big Data, Digital and Analytics, IT Transformation, IT Strategy
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
• Candidates from tier 1 or 2 strategy firms with a focus on IT consulting or IT strategy will be considered for the post.
• Proven experience in managing, inspiring, mentoring aspiring consultants.
• Willingness to travel 80%
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.