Job description / Role
Engagement Manager (Public Sector) – Economic Development – Top Tier Strategy House
Public Sector Engagement Manager required for a globally renowned strategy house based in Dubai, UAE.
The role of Engagement Manager is a senior role with management and client development responsibilities, alongside a responsibility for excellent economic analysis and project delivery. We are currently looking for an Engagement Manager with expertise and experience in our Growth & Development practice area.
Description of the role
The main duties of this Engagement Manager will be advanced economic analysis and communication of recommendations, project and staff management, and the development long term economic strategies that foster and enable sustainable growth. A successful candidate can analyse new and complex economic problems, design and apply advanced methods, and manage the team to produce high quality end products.
The candidate will have experience developing recommendations regarding appropriate public policy or commercial strategy. Relevant experience includes assessments of economic growth pathways and their link with other development outcomes; analysis of economic policies and their link with environmental and climate objectives; integration of development finance to support policy outcomes; and economic analysis of energy and infrastructure systems.
The geographic focus includes countries primarily in the Middle East but also some in Africa.
Primary day-to-day duties
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing clients; as well as a broader professional network;
- Structuring and applying economic frameworks to analytical problems;
- Developing client solutions, addressing client input, and designing materials that effectively communicate recommendations;
- Developing and seeing through plans; forecasting resources; preparing budgets;
- Supporting the development of junior staff through regular feedback and mentorship;
- Keeping up to date with knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organisations;
- Enhancing company reputation by establishing oneself as a recognised authority in the field, and representing the company in external events;
- Participating in firm improvements; potentially leading on internal change initiatives.
The role offers generous tax free package and benefits.
Reporting and supervisory relationships
- An Engagement Manager is often the primary lead on a project.
- As a result, an Engagement Manager will supervise up to five people, depending on the nature of the case they are leading.
- They will also serve as a line manager for more junior staff members.
- An Engagement Manager will report to either a Principal or Partner.
- Oversight can be limited and an Engagement Manager is expected to take substantial responsibility for delivery of high quality deliverables.
- An Engagement Manager will also report to the Partners regarding non-project work, such as client development and operational responsibilities.
Experience and qualifications
- Candidates must have sufficient experience to demonstrate competency in the duties described. As a guide, six or more years of experience is required to achieve these competencies, with four to six years related to economic analysis.
- Previous consultancy experience with a globally reputed strategy house is a must.
- Previous experience managing projects and complex analysis is required.
- A first class or upper second-class degree in economics or a closely related field is required.
- An MSc/MA/MBA or Ph.D. in a relevant field preferred.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Professional level Arabic is a strong advantage
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.
Public Sector Strategy Manager – Tier 1 Strategy Firm – Labor Sector Expert
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Entourage Marketing & Events
A Leading Medical Enterprise In The UAE
IBM Middle East
Head of HR
Middle East Executive