Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Mott MacDonald is looking for an Electrical Engineer (Power System Protection) with a successful record in the delivery of 66kV/132kV/400kV class of transmission substation projects, and, who have been variously in the roles of design, construction supervision, testing and commissioning.
* The candidate will report to the Project Manager
* As assigned from time to time for electrical works, associated with substation project
* Will be responsible for the site supervisory works involving electrical protection
* Will be involved in the review of design documents for protection
* Minimum Bachelors qualified in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 15-20 years of experience in design, inspection, construction, testing, commissioning aspects of protection relaying of electrical substation (DEWA experience preferable)
* Experience in control and protection schemes of an electrical substation.
* Working knowledge of IEC-61850
* Should have the capacity to take up roles in either Primary System or SCMS
* Capable of undertaking design reviews if required
* Undertake SAT/FAT if required
* Knowledge of IEC/ANSI Standards related to the discipline
* Ability to work independently or with limited supervision
* Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
* Good Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald’s uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world’s largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.