Job description / Role
The Engineering Coordinator will be contributing the continued success of the Engineering department through efficiently extend administrative support of the department.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of seven food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Chinese cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director, Engineering, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
• Carry out daily administrative activities of the Engineering Department
• Adhere to Fairmont Hotels and Resort Standards, Policies and Procedures
• Provide efficient administrative support to the Engineering team
• Ensure all communications are handled promptly and professionally
• Receive and distribute all communications relating to the department
• Compile management reports in a timely and accurate manner if necessary
• Maintain adequate supplies of office stationary
• Build strong internal and external relationships
• Carry out all filing
• Comply with all key security mandates
• Report any maintenance issues or hazards
• Maintain own work area in a clean, tidy and good manner
• Report defective materials and equipment
• Assist with special projects related to the Engineering Office
• Manage attendance and vacations of the Engineering team
• Perform other tasks as assigned by management
• Monthly closer and accruals
• Monthly departmental meetings with success celebration
• All government authorities reporting on line all reports as per the requirements.
• All Accor reporting as per the requirement
• Previous administrative experience in a luxury resort is required
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
• University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Auto CAD back ground is preferred
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Sales Assistant & General Administration
Front Desk Receptionist
Petrochem Middle East
Executive Assistant to MD
Irwin & Dow
Facilities Management Engineer
Ziad Galadari Group