Job description / Role
POSITION: Engineering Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chief Engineer / Asst. Chief Engineer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To monitor and maintain optimum inventory levels all time in the Engineering stores
- Maintain all Engineering staff daily attendance and payroll forms; and provide them to Human Resource department as required.
- Maintain and update Engineering staff personal files
- Maintain all Engineering overtime records
- Ensure safekeeping and filing of all contracts, financial records, energy reports etc. in appropriate folders
- Supervises and budgets the use of stationery within the Engineering department
- Coordinate administrative works to the Human Resources, finance and any other dept involved at Engineering operations
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Day-to-day secretarial work including: typing, filing, telexes, faxes, telephone, etc
- Ensures the distribution of documents, letters, telexes, faxes, memos, information, etc on a timely basis.
- Arranges internal and external appointments with internal customers, suppliers and third party inspectors
- Distributes incoming mails, documents, articles efficiently to the Engineering mgt and to internal and external customers
- Assists in the preparation of all report documents, example Energy, Utility consumptions
- Maintain and file all equipment operation log sheets
- Implement the Hotel's and company's store keeping policies and procedures as instructed by the department management to ensure the smooth operation of the stores is maintained at all times.
- Record on a daily, weekly and monthly basis all items of stock which have been signed out of the stores for use by the department and report any irregularities to the department's management
- Ensure a tracking system is implemented to monitor par stock levels and fast/slow moving items to enable the stores department to operate efficiently at all times
- To ensure all log books, record sheets and dairy of events are correctly completed and kept up to date
- To ensure the quality of the product and material is of the best possible standard
- Continuously search for new ideas and product improvements to ensure that our colleague demands are met
- Monitor and report on progress of any plans or ideas implemented to reduce the department's wastage of resources
- Constantly review the department's performance and operations to stimulate ideas for reducing the department's costs
- Monitor and make recommendations to the department's management any alternations to par stock levels or improvements to the stores policies and procedures that will reduce operational costs and make the department more efficient
- Encourages the highest possible standard of environmental management
- Knowledgeable in engineering terminology relating to building
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications operations and able to translate them
- Excellent organizational skills and able to multi-task
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skill
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.