Job description / Role
As a Gulf Engineering Manager, you will be a part of the Power Grids division which is a global leader in turnkey power projects and will be based in UAE. The Power Grids division delivers solutions across the power value chain. This includes system solutions for power generation, transmission technologies, substations and distribution technologies for network management.
Your main tasks will be the following:
• Technical Contribution - Defines operating guidelines for teams and ensures implementation. Oversees progress, provides technical guidance and ensures resolutions of technical issues within one’s area of responsibility. Drives team performance to ensure delivery as per the parameters of time, safety and quality set in the contract.
• Customer and sales -Ensures delivery of technical solutions according to customer requirements. Negotiates with customers to define Plant Acceptance Criteria and ensures that the commissioning teams obtain final acceptance certification. Represents commissioning function in project review meetings.
• Contract Management - Oversees contractual work within one’s area of responsibility -conducts regular progress reviews, identifies and manages contract risks.
• Planning and control - Ensures that the commissioning team is adequately resourced, developed and equipped to meet business needs. Ensures correct assignment of tasks within the commissioning team, defines relevant performance metrics. Creates work plans and cost estimates for commissioning work.
• Risk and opportunity management- Ensures completion of risk assessments and opportunity assessments (e.g. variation orders and claims) and implementation of resulting actions across projects.
• Supply chain management- Collaborates with the Supply Chain function to ensure correct suppliers, services and equipment are available to support the commissioning execution.
• Technical leadership and development- Facilitates best practice sharing within the commissioning team.
• Processes and tools - Develops and drives continuous improvement activities to improve processes, policies, procedures and effectiveness within one’s area of responsibility.
• People leadership and development - Ensures (with HR support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, coaches and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR polices.
• Finance and budget - Participates in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints
• People leadership and development- Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies.
Ideally you will have a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) with an MBA degree as an advantage along with 10-15 years of engineering as well as management experience in Power and/or T&D industry. Middle East experience along with team leader skills is required.
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.
Senior Electrical Site Engineer - Engineering Consultancy
Senior Electrical Engineer (Facilities Management Company)
Dubai Properties (DP)
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jan|
Electrical Manager (MEP)
|Abu Dhabi||2 Jan|
Al Baddad Capital