Job description / Role
As a Team Lead you'll lead a high performing team in all aspects of developing and the architecture of new application services. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and new product development in an established company that is rapidly growing. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager who is excited about coding, search, data analysis and solving complex problems and who enjoys building highly scalable and performant distributed systems leveraging cloud computing platforms.
* Manage a team of highly skilled Software Engineers
* Recruit, hire and mentor Software Engineers
* Lead the design and development of software and algorithms to solve business problems and challenges while ensuring scalability, reliability, performance and security.
* Work in cross functional feature teams and own modules end to end from inception through test to delivery.
* Interact with different stakeholders to for requirements elicitation.
* Research on and apply new technologies and best practices.
* Design and create scalable API's for internal and public consumption
* Provide task estimations and deliver quality code on time
* Build components for a robust message oriented middleware
What you will need
* Extensive experience programming in Python, Java, Go, Scala and/or C, C++.
* Building RESTful APIs.
* Cloud application development using AWS services including but not limited to EC2, Kinesis, EMR, RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, SNS
* Hands on Linux Experience
* Test Driven Development
* Minimally a Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering, related degree/ equivalent experience
* Minimum 3 years' experience as an Engineering Manager with prior experience as a Software Engineer.
* Experience with programming languages as (Java, Python, C#, .NET).
* Preferably E-commerce industry experience.
* Preferably experience with Micro-services.
* Excellent command of English language and preferably Arabic language.
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you've heard all that before? Read on.
We're here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you're hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can't afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.