Job description / Role
Engineering Manager Job Responsibilities:
• Leads a multi-disciplinary team of costing, order processing and order entry engineers.
• Leads teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
• Enhances processes for continuous improvement of effective enquiry-to-order management.
• Reviews each enquiry specification, prepares, and records material and manufacturing costs and present to sales in a fast paced and demanding environment.
• Outlines and highlights all key points of the enquiry/specification for sales to consider when quoting.
• Highlights any discrepancies between the RFQ and specification for sales to discuss with the client.
• Provides options to sales based on various manufacturing methods and options.
• Review and process all orders and undertake projects and contracts review.
• Manages allocation of material to each order and next best solution when negatives/outages of stock.
• Order entry and creation of engineering operations and preparing, printing, and issuing job cards to production.
• Expert in machining and manufacturing processes and production schedule and planning.
• Supplier and subcontract management
• Designs, implements, and refines product development, testing, and manufacturing processes.
• Secures the resources needed for teams to excel, including researching, and proposing capital investments.
• Helps to create and oversee project budgets and engages in cost management strategies.
• Attends trade shows and conferences and makes site visits to suppliers’ facilities.
• Maintains high level expertise in their field or sector.
• Assures that processes meet quality and safety compliance guidelines.
• Personnel and project management skills.
• Expert-level knowledge of sector technology and processes.
• Strategic thinking.
• Leadership, teambuilding, and mentoring skills.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Data analytics skills and experience.
• Attention to detail.
• Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges.
• Organizational, planning, and documentation skills.
• Proficiency using presentation software to explain complex information to non-technical management personnel and stakeholders.
• Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
• Past use of Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools a plus.
• Experience using computer-aided design (CAD) platforms.
• Experience using System Applications and Products (SAP) software, PIM.
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
• BS in engineering required.
• 10 years and above relevant work experience in Oil & Gas industry.
• Proven management experience is a must.
• Master’s degree in engineering or MBA preferred.
About the Company
A leading group in the Middle East.
Project Construction Manager
TRS Staffing Solutions
Senior Project Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
Junior Site Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||22 Feb|
|Abu Dhabi||31 Jan|