Job description / Role
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervises the repair, maintenance and engineering operations according to the departmental standards.
- Modifies installations to minimize waste of material and provide access for future maintenance.
- Avoids unsightly hazards and complies with all local regulations and codes.
- Performs repairs and maintenance work to all guest rooms, public and service areas of the hotel to ensure they are well maintained.
- Regularly inspects the entire building with particular attention on defective or deficient life safety features and to observe closely the condition of all operating equipment. Specific attention must be placed on areas of difficult access.
- Executes Effective Management of Preventive Maintenance Programme.
- Ensures effective energy conservation measures in areas of operations.
- Ensures fire, life and safety systems are operational.
- Ensures proper cleanliness and maintenance of the swimming pool and plunge pools.
- Reviews and approves all invoices and Purchase Requests involving Technical Services and installations, machinery, parts and audio visual equipment etc.
- Works closely with other departments in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Assists to maximize the effectiveness of engineering employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions and supports them in their professional development goals.
- Ensures that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.