Job description / Role
- To assist the Chief Engineer in the effective implementation of the Engineering Policies & Procedures in the assigned Place of Work.
- Thorough hands on management conduct and supervise day to day repair and maintenance and assigned projects required to keep the equipment, building and grounds in optimum condition.
- To participate in the Hotel Energy committee and maintenance Committee to assist the Hotel operation in implementing stringent energy and maintenance procedures. To be a dedicated member of the Hotel Firefighting and Emergency Team.
- To provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times, following Novotel Standards of Performance.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all dutiesand tasks in the assigned Place of Work.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Engineering
- Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- To perform all duties and tasks when rotated or assigned to another Department as per established standards for that Department.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To check wastage and ensure optimum usage of material in the operation.
- To observe and report energy wastage in any area of the hotel.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to departmental standards.
- To assist the Chief Engineer in every aspect of the operation as requested.
- To inspect, maintain, clean and repair all mechanical and plumbing installations and systems.
- To maintain and repair all mechanical and plumbing fixtures and fittings.
- To inspect, clean, maintain and repair all installations pertaining to firefighting, sprinkler and other fire prevention systems.
- To inspect, clean, maintain and repair hot and cold water supply systems, including calorifier and heat exchangers.
- To inspect, clean, maintain and repair sewage systems, pumps, aerator installations and related equipment.
- To prepare daily job assignments in accordance with workload and priorities for your discipline.
- To ensure all safety regulations are being strictly observed.
- To ensure timely completion of maintenance requests paying particular attention to guest related jobs and front of the house jobs.
- To implement the established preventive Maintenance program within your discipline and alert the Chief Engineer is schedules cannot be maintained.
- To report to the Chief Engineer and abnormal conditions noticed at any time with life safety related equipment or installations.
- To handle guest and Talents inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to Chief Engineer if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- Level of Education Vocational education Areas of study Technical & Maintenance Professional experiences 3 to 5 years Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements
- Desired candidate should have a minimum of 3 years experience in similar role in 4 or 5 star Hotel
- Must be computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence.
- Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and AccorHotels values with guests and associates.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.